The Holidays- Stohn

Prompt based off @destohnstiel 's Tumblr post

Rarely ever did John and Nine hang out with the rest of the Garde at the same time. Firstly, Nine loved to make the most of the situation. Secondly, both of them knew it annoyed everyone. Most of the time, the events would play out in that order.

This time, it was unavoidable. It was Christmas.

Marina and Eight had invited everyone graciously to their apartment for festive activities, obviously. Delicious smells of Marina's (and John's) cooking wafted through the spacious apartment. After a night of feasting and laughing and exchanging of presents, everyone found themselves to have wandered into Eight and Marina's living room and snuggled into the soft armchairs. It was a sweet scene; an unlikely bunch of teenagers lazing around a fire in Christmas sweaters with stupid smiles on their faces.

Now, John had been trying to avoid Nine the entire evening, and Nine had already made so many innuendos that drove John and everyone else up the wall. When he settled down into a single armchair, Nine stole an opportunity.

Nine turned his head hazily towards his boyfriend. John was sat with his knees up to his chest, his overlarge sweater pulled past his wrists and bunched up in his fists. The armchair was already relatively small, John made it look like he only took up a fourth of the chair. He propped his chin up on one of his palms and stared pensively through the window. A blizzard whistled outside and pounded on the window. John's blond hair was illuminated by the glow of the fire, and it was messier than possible. His eyes were a bright, swirling blue as always. The whole thing was too much for Nine, so he got up and walked over to sit on the arm of the chair.

Nine draped his arm around John, causing him to slip farther down into the chair, so they were uncomfortably sharing the cushion. John self-consciously scanned the room with his eyes, and turned slightly pink, however much he tried to hide it. Nine rested his head on John's shoulder with a large grin on his face. Everyone in the room was trying to pretend as they didn't notice. Half of them secretly thought it was adorable. John tried distracting himself by picking up a cup of hot cocoa, cradling it with his sweater hands, and sipping it at intervals.

Nine nuzzled his nose into John's cheek and pressed a kiss to his cheek. He didn't stop there; he trailed pecks all down John's jaw to the crook of his exposed neck. John blushed even harder, and the cup in his hands started to steam heavily. Nine smirked into John's collarbone, knowing this was turning him on, then leaned down and whispered into his ear. It wasn't loud enough for anyone else to hear, but it caused John to choke on his hot cocoa and spit it out.

His cheeks ablaze, he set down the cup and muttered apologies to Marina about her couch. She was just giggling. Nine continued to whisper dirty things in John's ear while John attempted to push his boyfriend off him. When he didn't succeed, he covered his face with his hands. Most of the people in the room were laughing. John managed to curl himself up into an even smaller ball, and stuffed his head into his knees. Nine determinedly nibbled on John's ear to wind him up even more. John groaned audibly from in between his fingers. When Nine tried to slide an arm around John's waist, John moved to rise out of the chair. The hand that he used to grip the arm chair pulled off the arm and leftover was a hand-shaped burn that still sparked and smoked. Without noticing, John moved to push Nine off him again, and Nine yelped. John pulled his hand away concernedly, and found he had burned a hole through Nine's sweater.

John gasped. "Oh god, I'm so sorry!" He moved to heal him quickly, and when he rose, the armchair revealed a number of spots where there were burns straight through the stuffing. One spot caught fire, and John covered his mouth while turning even more red. "Marina, Eight, I'm sorry! I can replace it!"

Marina and Eight, who were cuddled up on the rug, were amused. "It's fine," they replied.

John put out the fire and looked worriedly towards the chair, then spun around to glare directly at Nine. Nine just smiled mischievously and wrapped his arms around John, swaying his hips to the music in the background.