What Next?- Stohn

This is based off a story that   wrote you guys should check her out 

Just a little Stohn to get y'all through the New Year ;)

Wind on the roof of the John Hancock Center is vicious.

John's clothes whip and billow around his lean form. The night sky gives relief to the chaotic and bright streets ninety floors below. With his elbows propped up the edge of the wall, he leans his neck as far out as possible as if to connect to the heavens themselves. John's eyes are closed and he breathes in the crisp night Chicago air. Compared to the inside of John's mind, the busy city was a barren countryside.

Sarah and the others were inside, doubtedly sleeping either. John didn't know how long the two of them would last, with the separation of war, species, and secrets looming above them. One secret in particular kept John up most nights.

Speaking of, that very secret was making his way up behind John's turned back.

"Thought I'd find you here," a voice says.

John keeps his eyes closed and his head tilted forward. He doesn't respond when Nine sidles up next to him; he could feel his eyes on him.

"What are you doing?" Nine asks in a lower voice, almost a whisper.

John opens his eyes but holds his wistful stare on the stars. "Overthinking."

Nine presses his lips together in a thin line and narrows his eyes following John's gaze.

"Want to talk?"

"Not really, no."

"I meant about-"

"I know what you meant."

Silence.

"What do you want me to do?" Nine finally speaks up.

John turns his head towards Nine ever so slightly, his eyebrows raised. He was expecting "What are you going to do?" or "What are you going to do about Sarah?". Instead, here was Nine asking what he could do to help. Maybe the both of them had changed. For better or for worse was not for them to figure out.

"What do you want to do?" John asks.

"Whatever you want," Nine replies genuinely.

John is taken aback, but not so much that it prevents him from sliding an arm around Nine's neck and pulling himself closer. Nine wraps a tentative arm around John's waist. Bringing Nine's head down lower, John kisses him gently at first, then harder. Nine brings his other hand to the back of John's head, where he grips his hair and pulls on it slightly. John gasps and trails his hands down along Nine's spine which causes him to shiver. John moves to the tip of his toes, wrapping both arms around Nine's neck. It just felt so perfect, so indescribably right. He never had this feeling with Sarah.

They are pressed together so tightly they don't hear the elevator door ding open.