Latch (3)

"What about your videos?" (Y/n) asked from her computer desk.

Sean laid on (her/his) bed tossing up a tennis ball he had found on the floor. "I prepared for me trip to America. I don't have to record again till I go home."

"Well, what if you don't go home in time?"

"What ye mean? Me flight is in a few days."

(Y/n) sighed. "Sean, I can't do this by myself."

"(Y/n) I'm sorry, but I have to go home. I will literally get detained if I stay here too long." He sat up, closely observing the ball. "I want to help you, I really do."

"Yer an ares ye know that?" Anti snickered.

"I just don't know what to do." There was defeat in (her/his) voice.

"Geeze Sean, yer going to leave the lass alone. Ouch.."

Sean hesitated in his thoughts. Leaving (her/him) alone was the last thing he wanted to do. An idea slowly formed in his mind, but it was a long shot.

"(Y/n)." He breathed. "I have an idea, but it's a long shot."
_____________________________________

"What do you mean no?!" Sean raised his voice slightly on the phone. "Signe, it's my house too! We can't just leave (her/him). (She/he) needs us!"

"Sean, this isn't your problem. Listen I want you to help your friend but we can't bring that back here. What about me?"

"Did ye miss the part where the entire WORLD is on the line?"

He paced (Y/n)'s living room. "If (Y/n) can't come there, then I can't come home. Not till this is over."

"And how long will that take? What about your videos."

"Computers exist in America too, Signe. I don't know how long it'll take."

There was a long silence on the phone before she answered. "She can stay-"

"Thank you!"

"-but-"

"-but?" Sean's face fell from excitement.

"I don't want to be here for all of this. I'm going to call up a friend, or my parents and go there till this all blows over."

"Singe, ye don't 'ave to do that. You'll be fine if-"

"This is getting really old, Sean. The longer- your- whatever you want to call it-"

"This bitch doesn't even know me name?!" Anti growled.

"-is around, the less you're around."

"Ye knew about Anti a month after we met. I warned ye about it, why is it a problem now?"

"It's getting old, Sean. I don't know. This isn't normal. This isn't natural."

"Signe, c'mon.. Don't do this to me." He begged.

"I'm going to pack. Please text me when you're back in the country so I know you're alright."

"Alright, I love ye, Signe.."

"Yeah.." She spoke softly before hanging up.

Sean sat down on a near by chair with his head hung low. He ran his fingers through his hair while staring at his blank screen. An ache filled his heart. Was doing the right thing really worth it?

"Sean!" (Y/n) yelled. "Sean, where are you?" (Her/his) voice grew closer to the room where he sat.

"I'm in here.." He barely tried speaking up.

(Y/n) leaned into the room finally dressed in day clothes. "So what's the plan?"

"Uh, do you have a passport?"

(Her/his) eyes grew large, and lit up with excitement. "You're kidding?!"

"No, I'm not." He tried to smile reassuringly.

"Oh my gosh! I'm going to England!" (She/he) couldn't contain their enthusiasm.

Sean stood up tucking his phone into his pocket but wasn't prepared for her sudden embrace.

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!-" (She/he) repeated over and over. "You really don't know how much this means to me.."

He paused briefly, but reciprocated the hug. "Hey, I can't let ye do this all by yer self?"

Anti's snickers flowed through his mind. "Are ye gonna tell her lad? Ye gonna tell her you scared away yer own lass?"

(Y/n) backed away and saw the strange look on his face. It looked, unhappy, and confused. "Oh no, what's wrong?"

"Hmm? What? Oh, no! Nothing's wrong. Just- Anti's talking, that's all."

(She/he) tried looking past the excuse. "How did the phone call with Signe go?" (Y/n) crossed (her/his) arms hoping they hit the nail on the head.

"She uh, she's going to be going to her parents, or friend, or something like that."

"Why's that?"

Anti suddenly broke through. "S̸h̵e̵'̶s̸ ̷n̵o̴t̵ ̴h̷a̵p̵p̶y̸ ̵y̷o̴u̴'̴r̸e̸ ̸c̶o̷m̴i̵n̵g̵ ̸h̶o̸m̷e̴ ̷w̶i̴t̸h̵ ̶u̴s̷.̵" He laughed knowing how miserable it would make Sean.

"Oh, Sean, no. I didn't-I didn't mean to- like-" (She/he) felt awful about imposing on someone that was fortunate enough to be so nice to practically a stranger.

"Signe's been naggy lately." Anti commented. "Sean do this, Sean do that, Sean wash Anti's blood off BEFORE ye come inside."

"I don't want to be rude.."

"Listen, lass, ye ain't being rude. If anything yer being whiny, knock it off." Anti rolled his eyes.

"I don't think I should go now.."

"Oh no, yer going. I'm not going to sit here and listen to Signe say this, Ye say that, Sean reason with this. N̵̯̑Ő̷̙."

(Y/n) sighed. "Alright, can I have Sean back now, I'm going to need help getting ready."

"Ugh, work. No thanks."

Sean regained control, but there was no struggle to do so, it's almost as if he was thrown back into place. A sadness returned to his face.

"You okay?" (She/he) lightly pushed him in the shoulder causing him to break into a small smile.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm good." He reassured. "You said you needed help?"

"I do, and it also looks like you need some cheering up." (She/he) smiled. "And I have a great idea, c'mon."

___________________________________

"Welcome to, Hair Doo by Dare Woo!" (Y/n) presented a small hair shop to Sean, arms extended for dramatic effect.

Sean smiled at (her/his) enthusiasm. "And what, I'm going to watch you get your hair cut?"

(Y/n) approached Sean, grabbing his hat and taking it off.

"Hey!"

"You look like you need a retouch, and I'm looking for something different." (She/he) held the ends of (her/his) hair looking at the boring (Y/hair) color. What do you say?" (She/he) smiled.

"Eh, I don't know. I'm very particular about me hair. It turned out blueish one time."

"If they mess up, I'll pay for your hair appointments for the rest of your life ." (Y/n) extended (her/his) hand for a handshake.

Sean looked at his hesitantly, then shook it. "You've got yerself a deal."

As soon as they locked hands (she/he) held tight and dragged him into the shop, laughing all the way. The door opened and a small bell rang.

"Is that my favorite little LA (girl/boy) walking into my shop?" Woo spoke.

Woo was a tall, bald, black man who had met (Y/n) a few years back when (she/he) first moved to LA. He and his boyfriend, Dare, opened this shop together and has been (her/his) personal hair stylist for years.

"And I've brought a friend!"

Woo turned to see (Y/n) dragging in Sean.

"A friend?" He motioned to them holding hands.

(She/he) immediately released Sean's hand. "Uh, this is-"

"Jacksepticeye. My honey always watchin you on youtube." Woo laughed. "And boy is he PETRIFIED of your hair. Atrocious!"

Sean pulled a lock of hair into his vision looking at the ends. He then turned and looked in the large mirror in front of the chairs. "I mean, it's not that bad.."

"Woo, he needs a touch up and I'm looking for something a little new, can you help us out?" (Y/n) leaned against the counter observing a small plant on it.

"Can I help you? Girl, get in the chair." He then looked over at Sean. "You two greeny! Move it."

Sean looked up and quickly took a seat in a chair.

"Don't worry darling, Woo is gonna take really good care of you. Don't you worry."

Mark suddenly opened his eyes, trying to remember the last few hours. A head ache began to pound the longer he laid awake.

He was on his living room floor, on his back. Every day he seemed to have less and less control of his body, his actions. He was growing weak in his mind.

"Quite a night we had, don't you agree?" Dark's voice echoed through is mind.

Mark didn't reply, but only stood up. He had one goal at a time. First , the bathroom. He staggered all the way to the bathroom, seeing for the the first time how weak he really was.

He turned on the water in the sink and began to splash it onto his face. His reflection showed how awful he felt. Mark's eyes were bloodshot, there were bags under them as well, and his face pale as clouds.

"Hmmm, you look ill." Dark commented.

Mark glared into the mirror before turning away and going into the kitchen.

"Ahh, the silence game. I see. Are you angry with me Mark?"

"What do you think?" He spoke under his breath.

"I think I could have done much worse on you, you should be thankful."

'I probably would have been better off dead.." Mark walked to his sink and filled up a kettle of water for tea.

"Now now, Mark. What about your fans?"

He was silent. Mark's fans meant everything to him. He would hate to put them through anything awful like that. He decided to change the subject.

"What do you want with that (girl/boy)?"

"The (Y/hair color)? Ahh, (Y/n), yes."

"Don't play dumb with me, you ignorant prick.."

Dark laughed. "Yes, (Y/n), what about (her/him)?"

"I can see what you do. You're stalking (her/him). Ever since we met, you've grown, obsessed.."

"She has something that I want. A pure heart."

"A pure heart?"

"It would take to long to explain it to you. To put it simply, it would separate you and I, forever."

Mark's eyes grew wide.

"Ahh, I see I have your attention now. Yes, I would like to be separated from you as much as you'd like to be separated from me."

"What does the separation mean?"

"I'm bored of this world, Mark. What I put you through is simply to preoccupy myself. I have events and matters I've been unable to attend to because of this..agreement."

"If you leave, I would die.."

"But if I attain the pure heart, you'd live, and without me."

Mark paused. "How do we go about this?"

Sean fidgeted in his chair, nervous about how his hair was going to turn out. He only trusted certain people with his signature green hair.

"Stop your movin' before I stop it for you." Woo warned.

"I'm sorry. I'm just a tad nervous about me hair."

"You're nervous?" (Y/n) laughed. "Thanks to you and Woo I don't know what the hell happened to my hair color."

Both their chairs faced away from the mirror, stopping them from looking at themselves.

Woo bent down close to Sean, whispering in his ear. "I've been trying to get her to change that hair since we opened this place."

He nodded with a smile.

"I'll turn you both around, but you have to keep your eyes shut, okay?"

"Okay!" Both Sean and (Y/n) spoke at the same time.

They shut their eyes and waited. Woo spun around both their chairs, excited to see their reaction.

"Okay, darling's, on the count of three...one...two..THREE!"

They both shot their eyes open, and gazed at their new looks.

Sean was amazing at how well Woo had done his hair. It came out to the perfect shade of green that he loved. He worked his fingers through his hair feeling the soft texture it had.

"Woo, you did..." He turned to look at Woo, but saw his attention was on (Y/n).

(Y/n) sat speechless at (her/his) silvery grey hair. It was a change, a HUGE change from their (Y/hair color) that (she/he)'d known for (her/his) entire life. (She/he) held their mouth gazing at themselves.

Sean, was suddenly in Awe over.. something.. about (her/him). Woo glanced over at Sean, taking a double take to see his reaction. He didn't notice Woo make his way over to him and stand on the other side. He bent down to Sean, whispering once more. "If you allow one thing to happen to (her/him) I will find you, and I will make sure there will never be another top of the mornin' to anyone ever again, understand?"

Sean held his stare at (Y/n) while Woo spoke, with fear traveling up his veins. "I understand."

"Ye know..I'm not gonna lie. Woo might be the first human that I'm a tad afraid of."