S E V E N T E E N

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

  THE DAYS BECAME longer, colder. The dark but lively castle of Winterfell was dead and dull. Laughter has not been heard since the departure of the Starks. The two remaining Stark children were rarely ever seen nowadays. The only child that has remained to roam the castle was Lylian. But even she began to change. She became more serious, nothing like the girl that arrived a year ago. But that was what she wanted the people to think. She's the lady of Winterfell now. She needed to act like a proper lady.
Lylian walked alongside Maester Luwin as the two discus about the crops for the upcoming season. From the corner of her eyes, she could see Bran on top of OSHA's shoulders, walking through the courtyard. She stared at the duo, longingly. Bran was always out and about while she was responsible for his people. Lyli understood that Bran was never taught the ways of politics meaning she had to take the role. Her grandmother taught her at a very young age that politics is like a game, it's complicated unless you know how to play.

"Lyli?" She heard the old man speak. Her eyes tore from Bran and Osha as she looked to the Maester.

"I'm sorry Maester Luwin. What did you say?" She asked feeling slightly embarrassed. Maester Luwin could see how she wanted to play with Bran like she used to. She was far too young to be ruling even if she is wise above her years. But every time the Maester would ask if she would like to take a break from her duties she would always respond with 'I am the Lady of Winterfell and it is my duty to govern my future people'.

The night fell upon the castle as Lyli walked back to her chambers. On her way, she passed by Bran's door. She stopped as she could hear quiet whimpers from behind the door. Curiosity got the better of her as she quietly opened the door. There she sees Bran by the fireplace, clutching a piece of parchment in his hands as tears cascaded down his face.

"Bran.." she whispered his name. Bran whipped his head around and was both glad and dissatisfied with her presence. He wanted to be comforted but not by her. He doesn't want her to see him crying. He's afraid that she'll see him as pathetic and weak. But Lylian didn't give a damn. All she wanted to know was what made Brandon Stark so upset.

"Lyli, what are you doing here? You should be resting" he rubbed his face free of the tears in an attempt to hide from her. But she's already seen enough.

"What is troubling you?" She bluntly asked him catching him off guard. He expected to hear her laughing at him but here she was staring into his eyes with a great weight of concern in her blue eyes.

"Father...he's dead. He was beheaded on orders of King Joffrey" he choked out. She immedietly rushed over to Bran and enveloped him into her arms. Bran cried even harder as he finally received the comfort he wanted. Lyli couldn't help but let a few tears roll down her face. She's only know Ned for a short period of time but he has made her feel like one of his own daughters. He was a nice and honorable man. And now he was gone.

(Short chapter but the next one will be a lot longer. And that is season 1 completed)