Be Strong

Amber's POV

I dropped the gun as I watched the bullet miss him, and go into the wall.

"Huh. Seems like you missed little sister." He snarled.

"Amber watch out!" I ducked to see a bullet go right pass me and into my half brother. I watched in horror as his body fell limp and he dropped to the floor.

I ran towards where Cody was, dropping to my knees

"Cody no! Please don't leave me. You can't! I need you!" I cried into his chest.

"Excuse me miss." I heard a paramedic say leaning down also.

"No! He can't leave me!" I cried harder holding onto Cody. I felt myself being pulled into someone's body. I looked up to see Chris.

"He can't be dead Chris. He just can't be. I don't know what I would do." I cried into his chest. "He can't be dead. He has to stay. He can't be gone Chris, tell me he's not gone."

"Shh Amber." He said rubbing circles on my back. "He'll be okay. He's strong."

"I hope you're right."

I watched as the paramedics placed him on the stretcher thing and placed him in the ambulance.

I went to go sit in the ambulance, but was blocked by another paramedic.

"Sorry miss. He's in critical condition. You need to get your arm checked out too." He told me, I nodded wiping my tears, following him into the ambulance. Chris following.

"We'll meet you at the hospital!" Kat called after us. I got buckled up as the paramedic began to work on my arm.

I screamed in pain as he put the peroxide on my bullet wound.

"It's okay Amber. The pain will go away." Chris reassured me.

It's not just that, what if Cody dies? I couldn't live if Cody died. Knowing it was all my fault.

He was trying to protect me, which caused him to get hurt. If he dies everything will be gone.

Cody's family would be devastated. Think of his fans. They would be heart broken. He's their idol. Some of them, he's their saviour.

Cody stay strong. You have to. For the sake of your family, friends fans and me. Please stay strong.

*****

I sat in the waiting area. Cody's been in surgery for almost 4 hours now.

They say he should make it, but there's a possibility that he may not.

You gotta make it Cody.

"Amber?" I looked up to see Riley, he held two coffee cups in his hand from Starbucks.

"Hey Riley." I spoke taking the cup from his hand. My voice sounded horrible. It was from all my crying.

I smelt the hot chocolate radiating from the cup. It smelt amazing.

"He's gonna be okay Amber. Cody's strong. And you know it." He said taking a seat beside me. He wrapped his arm around me pulling me into a side hug.

"But the doctors said theirs a 10% chance he might not make it! What if he doesn't? Riley I don't know what I would do without him." I said as tears began to brim my eyes again.

"Don't think like that Amy. There's that 90% chance he will make it. And you know he's gonna make it. You have to believe in him." Riley told me.

"Yeah I guess. But it's still terrifying you know?"