; roomates ;

kelsey's pov

i left the team 10 house around 5 pm and headed back to my apartment. i wasn't sure if nathan was going to take me up on my offer or not so i made enough food for two. if he decided to keep sleeping on kade's couch i would have left overs. i sat criss cross applesauce on the couch using a pillow as a mini table. i was caught up in jake's new vlog playing on the tv i jumped when i heard someone knock on the door. it has to be nathan. i jumped up putting everything to the side and going to answer the door.

"hey!" he spoke excitedly as i opened the door.

"hey! you came!" i said back going in for a hug. it was awkward because i wanted my arms to be on top but he wanted his on top. "let's try that again." i chuckled as we went in for a second try. the second one was better and seemed less awkward.

"can i come in?" he asked softly, laughing as he pulled out of the hug.

"oh gosh of course!" i motioned for him to come in. he set his bag down by the door and carefully removed his shoes placing them on the rack. "there's food on the stove if you're hungry."

"i'm a man we're always starving." he laughed as he walked into the kitchen. i followed behind him to make sure there was no confusion about where the stuff is located.

"i hope you're not vegan like kade." i mumbled as i realized that the food involved meat.

"nope definitely not. i'm a carnivore." he smiled and grabbed a plate loading food on it. "looks delicious." he said putting his plate down on the table. it was weird to see a plate of food there because i have never once eaten at that table.

"you don't have to eat at the table if you don't want to, it's kind of just for looks." i said nervously hoping he wouldn't think i was weird.

"it's fine, i always eat at the table, i think it's a part of family culture that we've lost." it sounded corny but it was true. no one ever really sits down and eats anymore.

"oh.. okay." i spoke awkwardly as i sat down at my own table. it was weird but not the weirdest thing i've ever done. we sat there as nathan ate and i scrolled through my twitter feed. "oh i'll take care of it." i practically demanded as i saw nathan get up to take care of his plate.

"it's fine kelsey i can do it." he nodded and beat me to the sink. i watched him as he washed it off carefully and placed it in the strainer. it was endearing to witness a man take care of his mess because with the people i'm usually around that doesn't happen too often.

"so what do you wanna do tonight?" i asked as we both hopped on the couch.

"well i don't really have anything planned." he said as his body shifted to face mine. "why did you have something in mind?"

"no not really, but since you're available to hang out i'm sure i can whip some adventure up for us." i smiled pulling up google to see what fun was in the area. "we could go see a movie?" i asked showing him the listings.

"i'm down. what movie?" he said scrolling through the options.

"let's go see atomic blonde! i heard it's really good!" i shouted excitedly getting off the couch.

"alright, let me just go change into something more comfortable." he said grabbing his bag and heading the the guest room. i stood by the front door and waited for him to come out. he came out in sweats and a hoodie and i realized i seemed a bit over dressed.

"let's goooo." i chanted as i let him out and locked the door behind me. "oh, don't let me forget, tomorrow we have to go and get you a copy of the key."

"okie dokie, i'll try to remember." he chuckled as we got into my car and headed to the theater. i drove to the movie theater raging with excitement to go see a new movie. i never get to just go out in small groups and not get kicked out of places.

"two tickets for atomic blonde." i heard nathan's voice pipe up. i reached my my card and he stopped me. "i got it." he smiled and the woman at the tickle booth giggled.

"nathan i was gonna pay!" i whisper yelled as i slapped his arm while we walked to the theater.

"i know you were, but it's the least i could do. you're letting me stay in your guest room. you've been nothing but kind to me." he smiled and playfully bumped shoulders with me. i grinned back at him returning the small shove. we picked the seats in the front row because we're both close up watchers. we sat through the movie making appropriate reactions when it felt necessary. i kept glancing over at nathan and he sat there with a smile on his face the entire time. when the movie was over i followed nathan out of the dark theater. "how did you like it?" he asked as we got back into my car.

"it definitely was as good as they said it was." i smiled pulling out of the parking lot.

"i agree." we made subtle conversation during the ride home and listened to music.

"goodnight nathan!" i yelled as i headed into my bedroom.

"goodnight kels. sleep tight!"