1

It was the about the third time we'd been out. My handler, Sergeant Barnes was ducked down in a trench opening fire on the enemy and I was crouched down by his side. Waiting and almost daring anyone to come near him.

A loud explosion sounded and an army, whose symbol I didn't recognize, started to kill the army surrounding us.

Our men started cheering, I wagged my tail and licked Bucky's hand. He scratched behind my ear and looked down at me with a grin.

The entire 107th was all very happy until they realized that these men weren't on our side.

We all knew fighting was futile, so Bucky and I kept to the center.

They hadn't noticed I was there yet.

When we had finally gotten to the base we were forced to walk to, without food or water, they started putting us into three cells. That was when I'd finally been noticed, I was jerked away violently by my scruff.

I snarled and bit whoever it was, Bucky whirled around and quickly yanked me back by my vest.

The man I'd bit cried out in pain, causing other guards to rush towards him to handle the situation.

"Bring them to the labs, the boss was wanting to see what happens with mutts and that new serum." One of them snapped pointing at Bucky and I.

I snarled and Bucky put me down and braced himself for a fight.

I snarled and did the same, remaining by his side.

The guards laughed before aiming a pistol at Bucky's face.

I growled and Bucky grabbed his wrist and twisted it behind his back, taking his gun. I started attacking one of the guards on my own as Bucky started shooting others with the pistol.

The other prisoners in the cells started to cheer for us, loudly. Which, unfortunately, captured the attention of other guards nearby, who ran over and shot me in the flesh of my back leg. Through and through.

I howled in pain causing Bucky to lose focus, he never saw the man behind him.

Bucky slumped forward and collapsed on the floor, unconscious.

The man that was behind him still had the butt of his gun raised, "Well this has been unnecessarily difficult,".

The guards all bowed their heads in shame.

I assumed he was their leader, I growled at him and shakily stood up and stood over Bucky, growling at this man with bared teeth.

He wrinkled his nose in distaste at me, "What is that?" He asked looking at me with disgust.

"It's the American's dog, s-sir," the man's disgusted look didn't leave his face, but he looked pleased.

"Bring them to the labs," he ordered before holstering his gun and walking off.

I snarled at the guards who tried to take Bucky away from me and bit them multiple times.

I felt something get jammed into my injured leg, I bit the hand and started to try to kick him away.

I glanced at what he'd stabbed me with, it was a syringe, I thought to myself before black spots danced across my vision and I saw nothing.
.
.
.
I came to hearing Bucky whisper yelling my name.

I felt a heavy collar around my neck and I was barely able to lift my head up to look at him.

Bucky was strapped to a table, his head turned to the side to look at me.

I whimpered before letting my head fall back.

We both glanced at the door as it opened, revealing multiple men in bright white coats rolling in covered carts and poles with hooks near the top.

I growled at the odd scents that burned my nose, even from that distance.

Bucky glanced at me, "Get the hell away from us." He snapped at them, but they drew closer.

I knew this was going to be the start of a lot of pain.