5

"Cap there's another heat signature heading to the scream, be careful." Tony informed through the coms.

I tapped the earpiece, "I'm always careful."

I heard a doubtful huff over the comm, that made me grin a little.

I rounded a corner as I heard a male voice scream in pain, and then a loud, vicious sounding snarl.

I ran faster and saw a big dog on top of the target, ripping into him like he was nothing.

I threw my shield at the dog, we needed him alive. The dog flew off with a yelp before-getting up?

It just shook off the hit like it was nothing and growled at me. Giving me a look of betrayal.

I heard the teams footsteps getting closer and the dog ran.

"Jesus Steve, what happened?" Clint asked, going to retrieve the shield.

"There was a dog, I threw my shield and it shook it off before running off. Something's wrong with that dog," I informed, eyes not leaving the direction the dog had gone.

Tony removed his faceplate, "That might've been the dog that everyone's been talking about for as long as I can remember. They say it's ancient,".

I shook my head, "That dog didn't look very old. It didn't have any gray hairs."

A howl echoed in the distance as we left.
.
.
.
It had been almost a week and the dog was still on my mind.

I was sitting on the floor in the training room, staring out the window in deep thought. I didn't even hear Natasha and Clint enter.

"Steve?" Natasha asked walking over and carefully crouching in front of me.

I glanced over at her, "I'm fine Nat, just thinking."

She held back a smirk as Clint said, "Well that can't be good."

I gave him a small glare, "That dog looked a lot like Grace."

Natasha sat on one side of me and Clint sat on the other.

"Who's Grace?" Clint asked propping up a knee and resting his elbow on it.

I pinched the bridge of my nose, "You'll think I'm crazy,".

Natasha was smirking, "We already think you're crazy, what sane person would lead us?"

I refrained from groaning, "Grace was Bucky's canine in the war,".

Natasha and Clint shared a glance I'm not sure they thought I saw. "I don't see how that would be the same dog," I looked at Natasha. "

That's my point, but she was a POW in the war. They experimented on her too."

Clint thought for a moment, so did Natasha. "Stranger things have happened. So maybe," Clint said.

Natasha shrugged, "I'll have someone look into it," before walking out.

Clint watched her go and stood there for a few moments before taking off after her yelling, "Nat, I thought we were gonna spar!"

I rolled his eyes, they'd find her.