4

I wandered the estate for years, it was much larger than I'd thought...

Although, I accidentally laid a bit to close to the fence one day. That was when I heard it.

"Jarvis! Look at the puppy! Can I go pet it?"

I opened my eyes and lifted my head to see who it was. It was a little boy, and an older looking man.

I yawned widely, showing my metal canines.

The child didn't seem to be discouraged. "Please Jarvis?" He begged.

The older man relented, "Oh I suppose so, but do be careful!" His accent sounded like Peggy's. I wondered what she was doing these days...

The child ran over to me, ignoring the old man.

I lifted my head higher as he was within a yard of me.

The kid offered his hand out to me quickly, the man was quick to correct him, "Not so fast Tony, you don't want to scare it."

The boy recoiled as he was scolded and did what Jarvis had said.

I sat up and sniffed the boys hand, he smelled faintly of Howard.

I flattened my ears at that, but nosed the boys hand to let him know it was okay.

He giggled and started to pet me, "Can we keep it J?"

Jarvis crouched beside the boy and looked me over, "She looks like a stray..." he muttered before declaring, "We will have to ask your father if we may keep her."

When we got to the house, Howard said no and I was on my own for a few more years.

I stuck around for Tony.

But then he left, so I did too. I was on my own again.
.
.
.
I spent a few more years wandering the estate, but I was eventually chased off by men in suits.

I left hesitantly, I wasn't sure where to go from there.

I eventually made it to a very large city.

I sat on the outskirts and stared in what might've been awe. There were so many lights and colors.

My vision had fine tuned over the years, I saw much more than I had in the war. I could hear a lot of noise coming from the city as well.

I got back onto my paws and trotted along the side of the road.
.
.
.
I spent the next years making a reputation for myself this time around.

I moved into the city and attacked muggers, rapists, and others who attacked innocent people, like Steve and Bucky had.

I've overheard people talking about me and my deeds. But as the years went on, people got suspicious of me.

"That dog has to be ancient or something, it's been almost a decade." Some would say, others would agree.

I'd noticed a girl, she didn't seem to be going where she was supposed to.

So I decided to follow her; she led me to a dock yard for boats.

It smelt horrible and the ground was sharp gravel; it would've hurt my paws when I was younger, but after everything, nothing really hurt anymore.

I followed her through the plant, but lost her in the twists and turns.

I heard her scream, that would help me find her; so I took off in that direction.