ACN | Chapter 3

Chapter 3: Sonora’s P.O.V

I watch as my uncle and Dervin shuffle through the crowd and disappear. I place my smoothie down and pick up my algebra assignment that I saw him writing on. I stare at the paper and notice that he had erased my previous answer and place another. I had have been having a hard time fixing this problem. So I took up my calculator and re checked it. It was correct, I smiled. I think I might thank him when he gets back.

I closed my mathematics test book and staple my algebra assignment together and place it in my folder and into my bag pack, same time my cell phone vibrated.

Hey Nora! I’m at Josh his house is huge and we got started on our project finally one of my project got started early. Can you believe he have photos of me all over is album =D hilarious isn’t. How is your project going did he come?

Xoxo Lia

 I smile to myself and press reply.

Hey! Yes he did show up I hope we get started later. I think he will be working at my uncle café and Josh seems to like you a lot. I think you should kick Mantel to the curb! Lol………… Kidding =)

Xoxo Nora

I pressed send and place my phone in my bag and started to go over my new words in my Vocabulary list. 

“Sonora!” shouted Alex across the coffee. I glance at Alex running towards me with a red hair girl beside him. Alex was my good friend from next door we use to play when we were younger but when we got to second grade he moved to new jersey to live with his aunt and came back last year when his aunt died and came back with a girl friend I was pretty surprise. Alex was the type who didn’t like girls to that.

“Hey Alex” I said smiling at him as he and girl join me. She was very pretty. She was cute. Her hair was red and beautiful. She was wearing a pink dress that fits her complexion really well.

“This is my girlfriend Clarinda” he said smiling at her

“Nice to meet you” she said smiling at me

“Nice to meet you” I reply closing my notebook

“SO what’s up?” I asked

“Nothing we were just walking pass and I saw you so I decided to introduce you to my girlfriend and off to the movies” he said as he place a kiss on her cheeks.

“That’s great I can’t tell when last I went to the movie”

“Everyone knows you love the books and nothing else, so nothing else catches your interest” he said

“That’s a lie” I blurted out

“Honey come on were going to be late” moan his girlfriend

“Ok” he said as he watches her get up

“We will be leaving don’t want to be late for the movie” he said hugging her with one arm

“Ok then see you around” he said

“Ok” I said as I watch them walk off. It was getting late and Dervin haven’t return or my uncle so I decided to go and look for them. So I got up with my bag and headed towards where my uncle was. I manage to shuffle through the light crowd.

“Uncle Dean, where is Dervin?” I asked

“He left; he said he had something else to do”

“What! And didn’t even tell” I said

“He will be back tomorrow” he said surviving a younger man

“Mom is here” said my uncle handing me an apple pie and two vanilla smoothies for my parents.

“Ok, see you tomorrow” I said

“Yea” he said as I storm through the door. How could he do that we have just a three more weeks to get our project done and we haven’t even start. I never had a partner like this, so weird and uncommunicative I muttered as I step into the vehicle.

“Why the sour face” said my dad taking the smoothies from me and hand mom the other.

“My partner show up and ran away our project is due in three weeks”

“I’m sure she will give you some explanation’ said my mom drinking her smoothie and we drove off

“it would be understandable if it’ was a girl we talking about” I said staring out the window

“Oh, boys will be boys” said my dad

“Chris!” said my mom as she hit his arm.

“Sorry” he said as he turns the corner.

“This project depend on my final grade mom I can’t afford to mess it up, I’m working to be valedictorian mom, I have to get high grade and it doesn’t seem to be getting their if my partner won’t show up” I said

“Honey is patient” said my mother as I stare out the door and saw Dervin walking with a little girl.

“Dad Stop the car!” I shouted taking off my seat belt

“What is it?” asked mom

“I see him”

“Who”

“My Partner” I said as I jump out the car and ran up to him.

“Have you forgot that we have a project to do” I said furious

“Listen I don’t have the time to talk I need to get my sister home” he said looking angry

“But we have a work to get done you could at least confront me that your leaving” I said

“Listen to Miss Nerd, You only care about getting good grades because you have nothing else to worry about you have a perfect life, I need to get my sister home” he shouted at me and walk off leaving me there shocked.