Klance (Another Coffee Shop AU Bc Why Not)

Customer!Keith, Barista!Lance

"Hi, welcome to La Vida Mocha," a chirpy voice called from behind the small coffee shops counter. Keith hummed and waved at the woman who had greeted him. She was a beatiful woman, with dark skin and silver hair that was pulled into a loose braid. She seemed to be talking to a barista, who seemed to not know what he was doing. At all.

The man caught Keith's eye. He was tall, also dark skinned, with dark brown hair and gorgeous blue eyes. His brows were furrowed in concentration as he tried to remember what the woman was telling him.

As Keith waited in line, he scanned the menu. He had never visited this coffee shop before, only hearing about it from Pidge earlier that week. Normally, he would stick with one shop, since it was the one that his adoptive brother, Shiro, worked at.

Once he deemed a drink worthy of trying, he started memorizing his order in fear of forgetting it once he got up to the cashier. He saw the woman (Allura is what her name tag read. Fitting) ushering the man (Lance, as he had heard) who had previously caught Keith's attention over to the front of the counter. He was hesitant and tried to back out of it. Was Keith really that intimidating?

"Hi, what can I get you?" His voice cracked in the middle of the sentence, which caused a blush to creep up his neck. Keith couldn't really laugh; it felt rude since he was just starting out. This was probably his first time handling an order. He tried to be as polite as possible for him, despite his grogginess at waking up at 6 am to go to college classes. He cursed his past self for thinking an 8 am class was a good idea.

"May I get a grande mocha frappuccino with almond milk please?" His voice was gruff, but the effort to make himself approachable was there, Lance could see that much. Lance quickly apologized, "Sorry, but we don't have almond milk. Is lactose free milk alright?" Keith grinned slightly, "Yeah, sure." Lance could feel his heart melting. That was adorable. He typed his order into the computer, displaying the amount due on the screen as he grabbed a cup. "What's your name?" "Keith." He scribbled it down onto the cup.

Keith rose as his name was called, or what he thought was meant to be his name. It sounded more like Keef, which he could blame himself for not pronouncing his words correctly in the mornings. Sure enough, 'Keef' was scribbled in sloppy letters on the cup. He chuckled lowly, contemplating whether or not to call Lance out on it. He decided not to, it was busy and he was obviously inexperienced.

He took a sip of his frappuccino, grimacing at the unusual taste of the lactose free liquid. It wasn't awful, just... different.

Ever since then, he'd been going to that coffee shop every so often. Not because of the coffee, though it was arguably better than Shiro's shops, but because of a certain brunette boy that kept drawing him in every time they conversed. He was mesmerizing, his blue eyes seemingly created by Poseidon. An unspoken bond formed between the two, one that couldn't be described as friendship. Keith had yet to know what it was, but until he found out, he would just stick with friends. Very, very good friends, with a hint of rivalry.

The thing was, Lance could get annoying. Extremely annoying. Being self absorbed was one of the things that made Keith want to yank his hair out. He was also loud. Too loud. How could anyone be that boisterous at 6 in the goddamn morning?

It was his ocean blue eyes. It was his contagious laugh. It was the lingering touch on his forearm when Keith cracked a dry joke. It was his disbelief of Keith's ability to pull off a mullet. It was his lips, his sharp jaw, his high cheekbones. It was the way he lazily doodled on the cups while he was talking. It was the way he told stories, but listened intently and unwaveringly when Keith had his own to tell. The way he would jokingly use cheesy pick up lines on Keith, only to leave him flustered and at a loss for what to say.