Shallura- Photography AU

Shiro had been a trainee photographer for a year under a man named Zarkon. That year was utter hell for him; Zarkon was strict and seemed to only care for specific types of photography, so Shiro was never able to actually broaden his horizons and learn more about his favorite hobby. He wanted to capture images of people in everyday life, wanted to freeze the exact moments of true beauty. Zarkon refused to let him, only telling him to focus on landscapes and trying to capture the most unique moments.

Shiro had had enough; he left Zarkon in search of someone who would help him become a better photographer. It took months of wandering, trying to squeeze in jobs to make enough money to eat every day. When he was starting to lose hope that anyone would accept him, he ran into a woman --quite literally, he was surprised they were both still standing-- and found out, after a bit of awkward get-to-know-each-other-questions over apology coffee, that she was a photographer looking for someone who'd like to be her apprentice.

She was a beautiful woman, with eyes bluer than the sky, and long, white hair. She was tall and fit, and though she had a calming air about her, Shiro knew just from a glance that she could be terrifying. As the two talked, he found out her name was Allura; a beautiful name for a beautiful woman, he had said. She gave a light laugh, blushing slightly at the sudden compliment. Shiro was being genuine, they both knew it; she was a work of art indeed in Shiro's eyes. She gladly accepted him as an apprenctice when he explained what exactly he wished to do with what he wanted to learn.

"I'll admit that I am quite impressed, Mr. Shirogane; many people like to stick with what they know how to photograph instead of stepping into unknown territory."

"I've always been the adventurous type, Ms. Altea. Besides, spending a year only taking pictures of landscapes can get pretty boring to say the least. And please, call me Shiro."

"Okay, Shiro, call me Allura if you will. I would be honored to teach you how to photograph people, as well as many other things. Here's my number--" she pulled out a business card from her wallet"--please call me to set up a time to meet."

~~

Over the course of a few months, Shiro could already see a drastic change in his photography. Allura was an outstanding teacher, explaining everything in detail, but still letting him experiment and figure out what looked best and what he was most comfortable with. She had taught him not only how to photograph people, but plants and the occasional animal as well. He found it a tad bit disheartening at first that his animal photos weren't all that great, but was assured as Allura had told him that animals were difficult to capture, as they couldn't sit still for very long, nor could you retake a picture from a better angle once the animal ran or flew or swam away.

However, over the course of the months, Shiro noticed a change in his behavior around Allura. He would catch himself staring at her far too long far too many times, he would blush ever so slightly when she smiled and gave him a genuine compliment, and his heart would pound out of his chest when she came near, brushing his hand with her own as she explained something about the placement of the camera. He knew it was unprofessional, he knew she wouldn't reciprocate his feelings, and he knew he should never tell her that he had a gigantic crush on the young woman.

Just the mere thought sent his head to his hands, an angry blush drenching his cheeks and ears.

"--ro, Shiro! Grr-- TAKASHI! Are you listening to me?"

He shot his head up, catching sight of Allura's cerulean eyes. He was enraptured, despite the irritation flashing inside them.

"Y-yeah, sorry, I was... distracted. What did you say again?"

Allura wasn't buying it, though, crossing her arms and quirking her brow. "Shiro, you've been like this for the past month. Is there something on your mind or did you suddenly get ADHD?" He gulped. A month? She noticed his odd behavior a month ago?

"I'm fine, really, there's nothing you need to worry about."

She sighed, setting down Shiro's camera and sitting down across from him. "Listen, Shiro. I know you see me as someone who tells you what to do and how to do it, but I need you to realize that I'm your friend, too. You can talk to me about anything, I'll always be here for you. So please...if there's anything on your mind, tell me. I can help."

Shiro's eyes widened. He'd always known she was honest, but he'd never seen her so...vulnerable. She was always so headstrong and decisive, never wavering or hesitant to speak her thoughts. Seeing her like that, Shiro felt it would be wrong to not give in.

"It's...it's not exactly something that I should tell you," he began, "but I think it'd be better if I got it off my chest anyway.

"Over the past few months, you've been my mentor, my teacher, but most of all, my friend. But, over time, I've been developing this desire to be...more than that. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I like you. I know it's unprofessional for us to date so I won't ask you to, since I know you're all about professionalism and all, but it was really eating away at me and--"

Shiro paused, staring in shock as Allura chuckled. "You're, haha, you're a tomato, Shiro!" He groaned, burying his face in his hands, feeling the cool surface of his metal prosthetic against his face. It was relieving, and felt nice on his burning cheeks.

"You're also dense as a rock. I like you as well; I've been dropping hints ever since our second month in, but you somehow evaded every single maneuver. I would love to be in a relationship with you, as long as it has no negative effect on our work. How does 7:30 tonight sound? My treat."

Shiro's head shot up. "No, no, no, I'll treat you. I don't think I could ever forgive myself for making you pay for the first date. But I would love to, yes. 7:30 sounds great." He smiled giddily at Allura, who gave him a smile sweet as honey in return.

"Good."

"Good."

A few seconds of silence. "Well, it's 4 pm right now, so what do you say we wrap it up now to get ready for that date, hm?" Allura's lilting voice chimed sweetly through Shiro's ears, making it very difficult to comprehend what exactly she had even said. He got the idea, though, and hastily agreed, packing up his equipment and bidding Allura goodbye.

~~

Keith was knee deep in a conspiracy theory book when his door flew open, making him yelp and drop the book, losing his page. He turned to glare at Shiro --he already knew who it was after all, since no one ever really visited him except for Lance and Pidge every now and then-- but paused as he took in Shiro's features. His face was bright red, he was huffing, and looked extremely panicked.

"Keith," he panted through his name, "I need your help to pick out something to wear. Now."

A/N

Welp, there's some non-gay stuff for you, hope you liked it owo. This one was really fun to write, as I've always imagined Shiro being a blushing mess around Allura.

Holy shit 100 reads??????? Thank you guys so much??? Idk why yall like this, it kinda sucks tbh, but I'm glad at least some of you enjoy my oneshots. I'm still flabbergasted. Like woah. Thank you guys so much. Make sure to request something in the comments so that you don't have to wait ages for another oneshot, mkay? Mkay. Bye frienderinos!!