Chapter 4

"I never thought leaf-bare could be my favorite season somehow.." Wolf Fur mewed to Violet Leaf as they padded around looking at the snowy forest.
Violet Leaf looked around.
"It's nice out here." Wolf Fur mewed as he let his eyes wander to her for a moment.
"Yeah it is." The black and ginger she-cat mewed.
Sniffing the air, he searched for prey. "Smell anything?" He murmured.
"No." Violet Leaf shook her head. Something made Wolf Fur feel uneasy. A stench unlike any other hit his nose like claws. It smelled like kittypet but worse.
"It smells like if a cat hadn't bathed in a moon." Violet Leaf commented beside him.
"What in the name of the stars is that?" He asked.
"I don't know," the black and ginger she-cat replied. "Maybe we should g-"
Suddenly giant paws were in front of them. The black and white tom gasped. "Twolegs!" He gasped. "Violet Leaf run!" He yowled. Violet Leaf froze to the spot. Wolf Fur nosed her away. "Hurry!" He turned and bounded away while the pair of Twolegs made noises. Violet Leaf bounded after him in the snow. The tom ran and climbed up some pine trees. Violet Leaf leaped for the branch. He watched her. The Twolegs looked around the pine forest in confusion, continuing to make the strange noises, looking at each other. Violet Leaf climbed up beside him, shaking in her fur. Wolf Fur pressed his nose to her cheek. "Don't worry, I'll protect us." He vowed. She pressed against him.
A long haired Twoleg looked to their companion.
"What are they doing?" Violet Leaf whispered. "I think they're talking.." he replied.
Violet Leaf looked at him. "About?"
"I don't know. I don't speak Twoleg. Ginger Foot might." The bright eyed tom joked slightly.
"Oh hush." She smiled. They looked like lumbering kittypets, weird looking pelts and paws more than usual. They weren't clammy but they looked fuzzy.
"They look different." She mewed to him. The Twolegs walked away from the forest. Their giant paw prints in the snow.
"I think we're safe now." Wolf Fur reassured, eyeing them get further and further away. Violet Leaf sighed in relief. Wolf Fur purred and looked into her eyes for what seemed to be moons as he didn't look away. "We... we should probably climb down now."
"Yeah." The she-cat purred. He climbed down, despite his giant paws, he seemed to make it down the mighty pine tree. Violet Leaf followed after him. Wolf Fur shook his pelt. "Shame we didn't get prey. But we did get a story to tell the others when we get back." He meowed. Violet Leaf purred. He lead the way back through the night. She followed after him.

As they reached the camp all seemed quiet and all the cats were in their dens except, Piegon Talon, who stared outside her den at the snowy night.
"What is she doing out?" Violet Leaf asked Wolf Fur.
"Oh, you two are back. How was your evening?" She mewed noticing their attention on her, making her way over.
"It was alright." The black and ginger she-cat replied.
"No catch?" The lilac tabby asked.
"If Twolegs count." She joked.
"Wow! You'll have to tell the camp that one. When they wake up at dawn that is." She purred.
Violet Leaf smiled at her. Wolf Fur yawned. "Come on, we should get some sleep." He meowed.
"Yeah. Goodnight Pigeon Talon." She purred. "Goodnight you two." The she-cat flicked her tabby tail and entered the den.