Chapter 21: Missing

Tobias' P.O.V.

~THREE YEARS LATER~

The triplets are three years old now. Kai looks just like me, May looks exactly like Tris and Lee is a mashup of Tris and I.

The children four Dads and three Mums. They just yell for a mum or dad and we all come running. But there is one missing.

Tris.

She died three years ago, on the morning she went to get the mail. The triplets were only five months old. They will never know their biological mother.

I still remember looking outside to see what the massive bang was. I still remember the was her blonde hair flowed as she fell and formed a halo around her pale face. I still remember running outside to her and seeing the once white heart on her shirt turn dark red with blood. I still remember cradling her in my arms and begging her to stay alive even though I knew she was dead. I still remember our friends coming over to see the children but instead finding me on the driveway covered on blood with a cold and stiff Tris in my arms. I still remember going to her funeral and seeing the bullet that they removed from her heart lie on top of her casket in a jar. I still remember finding out that Peter had shot her and sped off in a getaway car with Molly and Drew, only to fatally crash into a tree 20 minutes down the road. I still remember feeling this murderous joy when I heard they were dead.

I am still reminded that I have her flesh and blood running around the house every day. I only love for her. I only live for our children. I only live for her children.

May looks just like Tris. Some days, it helps me stay alive. Other days, it makes me want to just die.

I will and forever love only Tris as my wife. I will and forever love our children. I will and forever protect the children and when they do not need me anymore, I will join the one person I need most. Tris and I will be united one day but until then, I stay with my children.

AUTHORS NOTE

This is the end! Yes, it is the end. I love you guys that have read every chapter and helped me with this story. I am sorry about the end but I felt it was necessary... Enjoy my other books and forever love Divergent! xoxo Claire