Chapter 19

One month later.

She didn't go out anymore.

She didn't talk to anyone.

Except Austin.

There were times where Ally sat on her bed or the couch and just stared at nothing.

Austin sat down beside her and played with a strand of her hair. "How you feeling?" He asked her. She didn't say anything. Instead she looked at him and slowly leaned in and kissed him.

"Do you mind bringing me a blanket?" She asked him. He smiled at her and stood up and walked to their room. He grabbed a soft yellow blanket and walked back to the living room.

He lay down on the couch and motioned her to lay beside him. She did as told. He smiled and wrapped the blanket around them.

"Ally?"

"Hm?"

"Don't you think you should talk to your parents or something?" He asked her. "I know I was rough last time they came but, I just don't want to see anyone."

"But they're your parents."

"What'd you do?" She asked him. "I kinda invited them over...they'll be here in an hour." He said. "Austin...you are so-

never mind." She said. "Sorry."

"It's okay. You're just looking out for me. It's okay. Really." She said softly smiling. "Okay." He whispered.

Later.

Ally's parents Lester and Penny came.

They greeted Austin and Ally.

"I need to go to the bathroom, I'll be right back." Ally said and began walking away.

"Austin, are you having any trouble taking care of Ally?" Penny asked. "No, not at all. Why?" Austin responded. "Well, we were thinking of taking Ally to New York." Lester said.

Now Ally, was listening to them.

"No, you can't do that. She's happy here. With me." Austin protested. "But, Austin, she doesn't have a lot of strength left in her. You can't handle all of it."

"She's strong. She doesn't need to go anywhere."

"Were just doing the two of you a favor. Don't you think that she's losing her strength?" Lester asked him.

"Yeah, she isn't as cheerful as she used to be but, she's still happy. Here with me. I know how to keep her happy." He said. "But, Austin sweetheart, look, she won't be happy for long. She'll be weak and she'll be into a really big depression." Penny told him.

"Ally, has to stay with me. She'll want to stay with me."

"We don't want you to get hurt."

Ally walked in.

Tears threatening to fall. She walked to Austin. "Did you hear all of that." He asked, cupping her face. "Y-yeah."

"Tell them you're not going anywhere." He said.

"I don't know." She whispered.

"Sweetheart, we think it's best you come with us." Lester said.

"I know it's for the best, but I need him. I'm so selfish for that, I know. And I-"

She tried to say, but began to feel dizzy. Austin wrapped his arm around her. "Don't go. You know, you'd be miserable." He whispered. "But-"

"I love you. You love me. I promised you I would take care of you." He said. "I know." She whispered.

"If you guys want me to be happy just leave me here with him. I love him." She said her head starting spin again.

"But Ally-"

"No, it's my life and I can do whatever I want with it. You don't have to treat me like a little kid. Nothing you do is going to change the fact that I'm going to die." Ally said.

Both her parents took a deep breath in.

"Fine. We just want you to feel comfortable and safe." Lester said. "She will be. Here with me." Austin said looking down at Ally.

"Look, let's just forget this ever happened and have dinner." Ally said smiling a little. They all agreed and went to the table.

Everyone ate and Ally barely touched her food.

Austin looked at her from the corner of his eye.

"Please." He whispered and went on with the conversation between him and her parents.

She sighed ate a little.

"Thanks." He whispered and smiled.