Chapter 2

Turns out, the train ride was not as bad as I initially thought. I learnt a lot about the boys; like the fact that James and Sirius were Quidditch mad and the fact that they were all in a little gang called the Marauders.

"We all have nicknames too!" Peter said excitedly. "Aww cute," I cooed, trying to annoy them as much as possible. "Cool nicknames mind you," James butted in. "I'm Prongs, Sirius is Padfoot, Remus is Moony and Peter is Wormtail."

The thought of these lunatics as little kids coming up with these bizarre nicknames makes me let out a small giggle which catches their attention almost  instantly. "She giggles!!!" Sirius exclaimed dramatically and pretended to faint but missed the seat and ended up on the floor. Whilst we were all laughing at him, the door opened.

In the doorway stood a tall girl with long red hair falling down to her waist. Her appearance  reminded me of Rhian, a girl from Beauxbatons. Hopefully her attitude would not be the same or I'm in for a long year... 

She scanned the compartment until her eyes fell on me and she gave me a huge, genuine looking smile which dispelled all of my doubts. She then proceeded to step around Sirius, who was still on the floor and sit next to me.

"Hi I'm Lily Evans," she said to me. "I'm supposed to help you get settled in to Hogwarts." She flashed me a smile which I graciously returned. "I'm Midnight Turner but my old friends called me Nigh."

" Okay, noted. Anyhow, we are going to be sharing a room together this year  along with Alice Prewitt and  Marlene McKinnon."

"Sounds fun" I agree. It will be nice to share my room with others. In Beauxbatons, we all had a room to ourselves and it could get quite lonely.

She then looks at her watch and frowns "I've gotta go and get changed, we will be at Hogwarts in half an hour. I'll see you there, I hope you get into Gryffindor." I wave at her and she is halfway out the door when James gets up to grab her wrist. "Potter, the answer is no" she sighs irritably  and disappears.

"What was that about?" I asked Remus who begrudgingly pulled his head out of his book and answered: "He's been asking her to go out with him every day since third year, since we are now in sixth year, you could say that he has been pretty persistent. Which, as you can probably tell, tends to get on her nerves a bit"

"She's declined him that many times?" I ask in amazement I have never gotten asked out so I didn't really know how that felt. I would probably accept them after two years though.

"She just really hates him," he replied.  "Especially when he cursed her old best friend and made her hate him" I was intrigued at this but decided that, if I was friends with her, she would tell me in her own time.

I was then distracted by  Peter and James looking eagerly out the window, I stood up stepping on Sirius's hand in the process. "Oww" he cried out. "What are you still doing on the floor? "I asked him in surprise. He shrugged and pulled himself up also going to the window to join the other three.

I joined them at the window as a sweeping castle came into view. "And that Turner " said Sirius's voice, dangerously close to my face "Is Hogwarts"

A.N.
Hey, I'm glad I was able to update sooner as I am really happy with this chapter as it is longer and explains a bit about Nigh. The next chapter will be her sorting. I wonder which house Nigh going to be in...

As always comments, votes and reads are appreciated
Until next chapter