Oikawa Tooru - Talent

A/n: hey y'all, I'm so sorry that I missed Fridays update, I was not feeling well /: anyways, I hope you will forgive me, and I hope you will enjoy this chapter! ^-^

|| au where you have your soulmate's talents ||

Oikawa Tooru was the most wanted male in the school. Almost all of the guys wanted to be him, and all of the girls wanted to be with him.

Every day, girls swarmed him, giving out their confessions to him. But, to (Y/n)'s surprise, she always heard Oikawa politely declining the girls. (Y/n) couldn't wrap her head around the situation. He could get any girl he wanted, yet he insisted on turning them all down.

(Y/n) wasn't going to lie to herself, she admitted that she had a small crush on Oikawa. But, it was just a small crush, as he was just a handsome face in the huge sea of faces in Aoba Johsai.

But, the (e/c) eyed girl figured that he was waiting until he found his soulmate, but the thing is, he rarely told anybody what the talent that he had acquired from his soulmate was. Heck, (Y/n) didn't even know what talent she had gotten!

***

Math. That was Oikawa's acquired talent. Yet, in his class, there were no girls included in the top five students, while Oikawa ranked first. He figured that his soulmate must be in a different grade, or at least just a different class.

***

(Y/n) had never taken interest in volleyball. Or rather, she had never really taken interest in any sports at all. She loved academics much more. Especially math. She was three classes above her grade level, and was still the top student of the class.

But, as luck would have it, volleyball was what they were doing in Physical Wellness that day. And, to make it even worse, the boy's coach went home with the flu the period before, so the boys all crowded into the girl's bleachers.

Also, to her demise, (Y/n) was chosen to be the setter. She had no doubt that she could play the position well, thanks to her talent in the math field, but she doubted her physical ability to play the position. 'We are so going to lose.' She thinks, shaking her head at the predicament.

The teams were formed, and the two lines of girls met at the met to shake hands. "I'm going to do great, because Oikawa~kun is my soulmate!" Some girl boasts, and (Y/n) rolls her eyes at the childish claim.

The two teams head back to their respective sides of the court, each getting into their positions, awaiting the dreaded scream of the whistle.

When the shrill sound reaches the girls' ears, our team gets the ball first, and out girl serves, just barely making it over the net. "Gomen!" She shouts, and (Y/n) waves it off, "don't mind!" She shouts in return, before turning her attention back to the ball, watching as it returns to their side of the net once again.

"Mari!" (Y/n) shouts at the girl playing as the libero, before running to get in the best position for setting. How (Y/n) knew exactly where that was, she couldn't be sure.

Mari successfully receives it, and it's almost like slow motion as (Y/n) watches the ball go up in the air, and then come slowly back down, right over her head. The (h/c) haired girl raises her hands, her eyes rapidly scanning for the spiker that will be backing her up.

"(Y/n)! Over here!" One of the girls shout, running up to the net. (Y/n) goes to set it to the incoming hitter, but it was almost as if her body was moving on its own accord as she changes the placement of her hands, flicking her wrist down and pushing the ball over the net, scoring a point for the team.

Iwaizumi smacks Oikawa's back in the audience. "Did you see that? She totally just did a setter dump." He says, and the brown haired setter waves it off, focusing on the (h/c) haired girl.

(Y/n) looks down at her hands, thoroughly confused. "How did I do that?" She asks herself, but she shakes her head to dismiss the thoughts as the whistle was blown once again.

***

(Y/n) sighs as she bounces the ball on the court, getting a rhythm going. She looks up with an intense gaze, breathing in and out deeply.

As the whistle blows, the (e/c) eyed girl goes to do a normal over hand serve, but once again, it was as if her body has other plans, as she feels it move on its own accord once again.

She looks up at the ball in wonder as she tosses it high into the air. Her legs push off the ground hard as she runs forward a few steps before launching herself into the air. She looks at the other side in midair, her eyes frantically searching for an open space to slam the ball in to. It was like a spotlight came on, and she spotted the perfect place. "Olè!" The boys yell as she whips her arm forward, her palm connecting with the ball. She smacked it down with so much force, (Y/n) was almost certain that it was going to pop. The ball goes through untouched, in fear the girls would get their arms snapped off, scoring yet another point for her team.

The (h/c) haired girl looks down at her hand, wondering how her body knew what to do. But then, she realized it. That wasn't just any serve. That was Oikawa's serve. As the realization hits her, she looks out into the crowd of boys, stopping when she sees Oikawa's focused brown eyes glued tightly to her own (e/c) ones.

The girl that was the captain on (Y/n)'s team notices this, so she calls a timeout. The whistle blows, and (Y/n) immediately walks up to the bleachers, her eyes following Oikawa as he made his way down to meet her.

"(Y/n), right?" He asks, looking into her eyes. "Is there any chance that you're good at math?" The setter asks, and (Y/n) nods, "Top of the advanced class..." Her voice trails off as Oikawa pulls her into a tight embrace, giving the startled girl a sweet kiss on the lips, both of them feeling the pull of soulmates.

~ende~

Word count: 1094 words