Bokuto Kotaro - Compass

a/n: i haven't really written anything in a long time, so i'm so so sorry if this chapter is disappointing :(

||Soulmate AU where there is a tattoo of a compass on both soulmate's forearms, which is always pointing towards the direction of your soulmate. once within 5 miles of your soulmate, a mile counter appears beneath the compass. after the soulmate is found, the compass disappears and is replaced the name of your soulmate ||

(y/n) frowns as she squeezes herself into the crowded train, thankful for once that she was built so small, so that she could easily slip through the people in the train. she looks down at her tattoo, watching as the tip of the needle slowly rotates to be facing the north. she was getting closer.

the girl had never worried much about finding her soulmate, so she never tried to follow the compass. however, with all of her friends finding their soulmates, and her being one of the last in her grade to have not found hers, she decided it was time to start looking.

(y/n) rides the train until the arrow starts to stray from the north, immediately getting off at the next stop. she turns in a complete circle before the arrow lines up with the north again and she happily heads off in the direction it is pointing, walking as fast as she could out of the subway station.

once the (e/c) eyed girl makes it out onto the ground level, she looks around in awe at the unusual atmosphere. the city was all very different from the small town that she lived in. she shakes off her amazement and continues to follow the compass.

far off in the distance, (y/n) sees what she believes is Fukurodani high school, but she stops abruptly and gasps when she feels a sharp sting in her forearm. she looks down and realizes that the miles had finally appeared.

5

5 whole miles until she meets her soulmate. if (y/n) felt it, then wouldn't her soulmate have felt it too? she sits pondering the fact, wondering if he had been waiting and looking for her as well. she shakes her head to clear the daze and continues her journey, walking even faster now towards the school.

(y/n) winces a bit as her arm stings again, and she looks down at her compass.

3.5

3.5 whole miles until she meets her soulmate. if her soulmate didn't feel it the first time, he must have felt it now. (y/n) smiles as she keeps heading in the direction of fukurodani. this time, when she feels the stinging pain of the number of miles going down, she ignores it, rushing towards her goal.

***
"come on, bokuto! this is the third time you missed the spike! is your tattoo acting up?" akaashi asks, tilting his head as he stares at bokuto.

the owl haired boy shakes his head, "no i don't think so, i think my arm is just crampin-" his sentence is cut short as he looks down at his arm and lets out a loud shriek of surprise. "wahhh! do you guys see this?! take a look, take a look!" he yells, running around and shoving his arm in his teammates' faces.

***

1

1 more mile until the soulmates finally meet. time ticks by slowly for (y/n) as she races towards the school, the number on her arm slowly turning into smaller and smaller decimals. she runs to the front doors of the school, but frowns as the compass turned slightly off course. she knits her eyebrows and turns until the compass was back to facing the north, and looks up to see herself facing the doors of a gym.

the (h/c) haired girl takes a deep breath, looking down at her compass again.

.01

her soulmate was just through the doors. she takes another deep breath and braces herself, reaching out a hand to push the door open.

however, before she even had a chance to touch it, it goes flying open, revealing a tall, very well built male, donned with an awfully unique hairstyle. "oya oya oya?" he hums, and she looks at him with a confused stare.

(y/n) looks down at her compass again only to see that it had disappeared and been replaced with two words.

Bokuto Kōtarō

(y/n) looks back up at the male. "i-is your name bokuto?" she asks, giggling when his eyes widen and he looks down at his arm, which now displayed her own name.

her smile falls as he stares at her with wide eyes, but is immediately put back on her face as he moves faster than the speed of light and pulls her into a tight hug.

"(y/n), (l/n)... i would say i've been looking for you forever... but it seems you're the one who found me." he says with a chuckle, tightening his arms around her.

a/n: i'm sorry to disappoint :( but if you bear with me, this book will get much better as i get back into m groove! it's just been so long since i've written anything ;( please comment if you have any requests, because honestly my brain is a little bit fried right now 😪