September 11th, 2017

America stood with his eyes closed, facing the memorial pools that were built in the foundations of the towers. It had been several years and it had taken that to recover.
England and Canada had aided him in his war against Al Quaeda, and eventually Osama Bin Lauden, the mastermind behind 9-11 was announced dead. He hadn't been alone in his suffering. All around the globe, others countries offered support.
In Poland the placed candles in front of the US ambassy. England played the US National Anthem during the changing of the guard, for the Americans who were stranded there. Canada let all US bound planes land in his country. France had the line "We are all Americans." In his newspapers. China's people made wreaths, cards and lit candles in front of their US ambassy. It went on. America hadn't ever been so grateful.
He opened his eyes.
16 years later and he had over come the sorrow to a degree. The names of victims and their screams were forever engraved in his mind, and he would hear their restless souls begging for help everytime he closed his eyes.
Gently he touched the names in the cement. This was all that some families got. America looked up, as the blue lights flicked on, disappearing into the dark. There had been a large crud waiting for them to turn on.
When the did, someone began to sing 'God Bless the USA.' America joined as well as several others.
A hand rested on his shoulder, and America turned around. Canada stood with a soft smile. "Every day will be better." He said.
"I only hope that people can find security someday." America replied. "So maybe one day, people who were here won't jump at the sound of a plane flying too low. Or fear what may be in the dark."
Canada joined him at the edge of the pool. "Look at how for you are now. Everything will be fine in the end. I promise."
America smiled at his brother, "I know it will. And today is known as a day of hope. Encouragement that everything will work out. And that no life is lost without a price." Canada smiled down at the pool, before turning away, "Now let's go. We shouldn't leave the others waiting."
America, puzzled at Canada's remark, followed anyway. But not before glancing one last time at the pools.
"May you forever rest in peace my friends." And he turned and ran after his brother.

The End

A/N
I'm so sorry this took so long, but here it is! Go ahead and like and comment. I really hope that the ending kinda closed the book. Otherwise let me know and I can start a second book, yay! On a different note, I hope that anyone who lost someone to 9-11 can eventually find some security that they are in a better place now and I hope that all the Victims can rest in peace.
-Teal.