fanfiction tag

I found a tag for fic writers! Let's do this! It had like 50+ questions but I was able to cut that down to the best 15!

1: Is there a trope you've yet to try your hand at, but really want to?

There's a lot actually. I have about 15 drafts in my Klance One Shots book. They're all different tropes I want to try but haven't gotten around to yet

2: Is there a trope you wouldn't touch with a ten-foot pole?

M-PREG IM SORRY BUT I CANT

3: How many fic ideas are you nurturing right now?

Heh.. 11. I've started working on 5 of them, publishing as often as I can. And then I have 6 in my drafts that I'm waiting to publish until I finish some of my current ones off.

4: Is writing your passion or just a fun hobby?

Just a hobby. I'm an artist. Here's one of my favorite pieces!

I also have a RedBubble but my work on there isn't my best

I also have a RedBubble but my work on there isn't my best. You can still check it out though. My name on there is Rosie Place (starlightrose)

5: What's the best writing advice you've ever come across?

Always keep writing. It doesn't matter if your writing skills aren't the best, you can always go back and revise your mistakes. You're never going to improve if you don't keep practicing.

6: What's the worst writing advice you've ever come across?

Someone once told me to only write fics that the majority of the fandom will enjoy. Fuck that. Write what you want to write. (Using Voltron as an example) A hance fic won't get as many reads as a klance fic for sure, but that shouldn't matter! Write what you enjoy! If you don't enjoy writing it than what's the point?

7: If you could only write one pairing for the rest of your life, which pairing would it be?

Klance, no questions asked. That's my favorite ship out of all my ships

8: Do you use any tools, like worksheets or outlines?

I write a quick, crappy summary of what I want to write before I actually start writing. Something like this.

I start building my fic around this general idea! And yes, I know this sounds a bit like Dirty Laundry

I start building my fic around this general idea! And yes, I know this sounds a bit like Dirty Laundry. But it won't be like that, I promise :) stealing other fics is bad

9: Describe your perfect writing conditions.

curled up on the couch with some food, a bottle of water, and my headphones. I have to find a position where my arm doesn't fall asleep (it happens more often than you'd think). And I listen to the How To Train Your Dragon soundtrack on low volume while I write!!

10: How many times do you usually revise your fic/chapter before posting?

Depends on the deadlines TBH. If I have a chapter ready super early then I proofread the fuck outta it. But if I'm super behind schedule then I post without any revisions and hope for the best.

11: If you were to revise one of your older fics from start to finish, which would it be and why?

The Broken for sure. I've been meaning to do that for like a year now. I've just never gotten around to it. (Edit from 1 year later: I deleted that fic because it was that bad.)

12: How do you feel about collaborations?

Never done one but I'm open to it.

13: If you could write the sequel (or prequel) to any fic out there not written by yourself, which would you choose?

I'd write a sequel to Dirty Laundry. We'd get to see their life after being back to school once Christmas break is over

14: Do you accept prompts?

Yes!! I love prompts!

15: Do you ever get rude comments and how do you deal with them?

I'm lucky enough that I don't get any hate. Sometimes I get a harsh comment but it usually is just a misunderstanding and they didn't mean to come off so rude. But if I did get real hate comments I'd probably just block them. They want me to respond, they want a reaction. So why give them one? I'd just block them and be done with it.