Chapter 5

Mica's POV:

I'm in the library again, not to read books but to finish my reports and other homeworks. Back to the nerdy me again.

And while I'm doing them, I have my earphones plugged in and playing Westlife song again.

"And everybody knows this love's for sure
There's no searching anymore
And no-one never doubts you're mine, I'm yours
It's the one thing that's for sure
And everyone we know says all the time
They wish they had a love like yours and mine
And everybody knows"

Oh, wow! Stress reliever ko talaga ang mga songs ng Westlife. Kahit marami along ginagawa, ine-enjoy ko lang as long as I'm listening to Westlife.

"Hello, Mica."

Oh, someone's sat down in front of me. I saw him, wearing bonnet in his head and red shirt and jeans.

"Hello, Jake", I said as I smile to him.

"Did I distrub you? It seems you have many things to do."

"No, it's okay. I'm just about to finish them." I said as I smiled to him.

He smiled to me as well. "You brighten my day when I see you smile."

"You do the same thing to me", I replied as I'm writing notes on my notepad. "Don't you have classes for today and you stay here in library?"

"I'm in a two hour vacancy today, but it's been one hour since I'm vacant."

"Oh, and you're not busy as me?"

"I already have my homework done", Jake said.

"Wow! That was fast. Maybe you only have few things to do and that you'd be able to finish them in an hour."

"Yeah, you're right. Did you eat already? You seemed to be tired at this moment."

"*sighed* Not yet. I must finish these school work first then I'll go to canteen to eat."

He got something in his bag and gave me a box of cookies and chocolate drink.

"Wow! You bought this for me?" I asked.

"Yes. You could eat that after your school works done," he said.

"Oh, thanks, Jake. I appreciate this", I said as I take them.

As I take the cookies and chocolate drink, I saw messages again from Jake.  I take the first one on the cookies.

"For the sweetest girl in this campus, Mica. Your smile brightens my day as I see you smiling."

This makes me smile. What a sweet message from Jake?

I get the other one on the chocolate drink.

"Don't let anyone get on your way. Show them how strong you are."

Oh, this is an encouraging one. Yeah, I'll show them how strong I am.

I think I'm starting to treat Jake as my brother. It seems we have a brother-sister bond, just like that.

I sat down beside him. "You know what, we don't really know each other very much yet but it seems that I found a new brother in you. Aside from my brother of course. I don't know but I'm really fond to male friends. Maybe because I have a strong bond with my brother that's why I prefer to have friends that are boys because I treat them like my brothers. And you're one of them Jake."

Jake smiled, appreciated what I've said. Totoo po, mas malapit talaga ako sa lalaki, although may mga kaibigan akong mga babae like Trisha, Ayah at Bunny.