Chapter 4 (end)

Knock, knock, knock. Sungmin opened the door and stared in shock. “Choi Siwon. What brings you here?” He managed to speak despite the shock he was feeling.

“I’m sorry for the unexpected visit. I wanted to talk.“ Siwon used a gentle tone of his voice. He also had a small smile on his lips.

Sungmin continued to feel the shock. He expected his first meeting with Siwon would be to receive a punch and probably got beaten up for going out with Heechul. “Yeah, sure. Come in. You should have picked a sunny day to visit. Look at you. You’re soaked!” Sungmin handed Siwon a towel and a bathrobe before leading him to the bathroom. “We’ll talk after you get a warm bath. I don’t want you catching a cold during our talk.”

“Thank you.” Siwon said before stepping inside the bathroom.

Sungmin felt anxious as he was waiting for Siwon to finish his bath. He decided to make hot chocolate for the both of them to lessen his anxiety a bit. When he heard the bathroom door open, he called out. “Just go to the living room. I’ll be there in a minute.” He placed the mugs of hot chocolate on a small tray and went to the living room.

Siwon was simply wearing the bathrobe and flipped the pages of a magazine. He put the magazine down when he saw Sungmin enter the living room. He gratefully accepted the mug of hot chocolate. “Thank you.” He smiled at Sungmin. He blew on the hot liquid before taking a sip.

“So…what did you want to talk about?” Sungmin asked as he tightened his hold around the mug. It’s a good thing that his parents left on a date and that his brother decided to stay at a friend’s house for the night so Sungmin had the house all to himself.

“Nothing really.”

If Sungmin was an anime character, he would have fallen off the chair. “You mean to say you visited me, got soaked by rain just to tell me ‘nothing really’.” Sungmin’s eyebrow twitched. “Why don’t you just get angry at me or punch me or something?”

Siwon blinked. “But I’m not angry.” He smiled again.

Sungmin stared at Siwon in shock again. “You’ve got to be kidding me. I cheated with your boyfriend. How can you not be angry with me?” He felt a bit insulted when he heard Siwon laugh. “So now you’re making a fool out of me?”

“I’m sorry.” Siwon stopped himself from laughing. “I‘m glad Heechul found a good guy. I wish you two happiness.” He placed the mug on the table and stood up. “Thank you for the warm bath and hot chocolate.”

“Woah, woah, woah! Wait a minute!” Sungmin stood up as well. “Heechul and I aren’t together anymore. I broke up with him so you two can continue on with your relationship.”

“Heechul won’t be happy with me.”

“How do you know that?”

“Because I can’t make him happy anymore.”

“What exactly do you mean by that?” Sungmin asked. He can’t help but think Siwon as a strange, vague and smiling guy.

“It was nice meeting you. I should really get going.” Siwon went back to the bathroom to change his clothes although it wasn't exactly dry yet. He started walking towards the door, only to be blocked by Sungmin.

“I really don’t understand you.” Sungmin sighed, knowing that Siwon probably won’t explain anything to him clearly. “But anyway, it’s still raining outside so take this umbrella with you.” He handed a pink umbrella to Siwon.

“Thank you. You really are too kind.”

“Speak for yourself. You’re too kind for your own good. You didn’t even get angry at me.”