Chapter 5 (alternative ending)

Early in the morning, Sungmin opened the windows of his classroom to allow the fresh air to come in. He had the perfect view of the school gate and the students walking. He saw Heechul and Siwon walk together with their hands clasped. Sungmin felt a tug at his heart as he watched the couple.

Unexpectedly, Heechul made eye contact with Sungmin. Heechul immediately stopped laughing and fell silent. Siwon noticed this and shifted his gaze to where Heechul was looking at. Sungmin also got eye contact with Siwon.

“Is that Sungmin?” Siwon asked. Heechul told him everything the day he arrived at Korea. He was disappointed by what Heechul did but at the same time, he was glad that Heechul was being honest about everything. He couldn’t bring himself to be angry when Heechul cried a lot while apologizing and asking for his forgiveness.

Heechul nodded. He only mentioned Sungmin once to Siwon when he confessed that he cheated. “I hope you’re not planning to do anything bad to him. It wasn’t his fault. I--” Whatever Heechul wanted to say was cut off as he was suddenly pulled by the waist and kissed by Siwon. He closed his eyes and felt like melting by the kiss. He temporarily forgot about Sungmin.

Sungmin saw everything. He saw how the couple were kissing passionately. He saw Heechul’s flushed face and swollen lips when they broke the kiss. He saw Siwon’s satisfied smirk. Siwon made eye contact with Sungmin again. Sungmin decided right then and there that he didn’t like Siwon. He retreated from the window and went back to his seat. He also tried to erase the image of Siwon and Heechul kissing in his mind.

Everyday Sungmin got to see Siwon do something with Heechul. At the hallway, Sungmin saw how Siwon would randomly slap or grope Heechul’s butt. At the library, Sungmin saw how Siwon’s hand would rest on Heechul’s knee. The same hand would slowly crept higher and caress Heechul’s inner thighs. Sungmin was able to hear Heechul’s soft moan when Siwon’s hand brushed against his hard on.

Every time Sungmin got to see something like that, he would directly go to the washroom. He would wash his face to keep himself cool. However, there was something different this time. The moment Sungmin stared at the mirror in front of him, he saw Siwon standing behind him. He ignored the other person as he took some paper towel to wipe his wet face and hands.

“Lee Sungmin, aren’t you going to even apologize to me?” Siwon spoke as he noticed how the other tried to ignore his presence.

“Why should I? I’m not sorry for what I’ve done.” Sungmin replied as he threw away the wet paper towel. “What are you trying to prove doing all those things to Heechul right in front of me?”

“I wanted you to be jealous. I was waiting for you to blow up and get angry at me. Apparently, you’re not the type of person.” Siwon approached Sungmin until his chest touched Sungmin’s back. “Or perhaps you just like to continue watching Heechul in that manner?”

Sungmin instantly turned and threw a fist to Siwon. The punch landed at the side of Siwon’s lips that caused a thin trail of blood. A fight ensued inside the washroom. A lot of students were gathered around the washroom’s entrance to look at the fight. One of the students reported to a teacher. The teacher arrived at the fighting scene and stopped the boys from fighting. Siwon and Sungmin were given detention before being sent off to the school clinic.

“Both of you. Take off your clothes. I’m sure there are a lot of bruises and wounds covered underneath that school uniform.” The school nurse turned her back as she gathered the materials needed.

The nurse turned to look at them again. “Why do you still have your pants on? I said to take off your clothes.”

Siwon simply shrugged and started taking off his pants to reveal black silky boxers but Sungmin complained. “Isn’t there such a thing called privacy?”