#17 You take your last breath in their arms

Warning: Broken hearts in the text below!

Note: You are not dating in this chapter!

Annie

Annie's clear blue eyes widen shocked by the sight in front of her.

"It was meant to be", are the only words that come over your lips, as you make your way towards her on your hands and knees. You are leaving a trail of blood behind you, which weakens your movement with every step you take. Just a few inches away from her you collapse onto the ground.

Annie shots up from her place to rush towards you. Carefully she turns you around, so you lie on your back. The injuries are looking even worse now. The titan almost tore you apart in the middle. As always she is brave, and keeps her tears locked away.

"You are an idiot! You didn't have to save my life!", Annie tries to be mad at you, but couldn't. A weak smile appears on your lips, "But I wanted to be your hero. For the first and last time in my life." You take her hand in your bloody one. To know her by your side, makes the fact you are dying bearable.

"I can't believe your stupidity. Heroes die way too early. I don't want to lose you!", she can feel how the high walls around her heart start to tremble, and finally fall down. A lonely tear escapes, as Annie presses your hand against her cheek. All the time she pushed you away to keep herself from pain. Now she regrets her decision.

"I-It's not like I am leaving you all alone. I will always be by your side. Right here", you put your free hand over your heart, "Hey, Annie." Your weak fingers caress her cheek softly to get her full attention. The blond soldier leans into your touch, trying to memorize every single second of it.

"I love you. I know it is foolish, but I am happy that you were the person I fell in love with", you will not leave those three magical words unspoken. Not yet where it is your last chance ever. Her blue eyes meet your [E/C] ones. The sassy sparkle she loved in them is gone.

Just like you.

Armin

Within one second his whole world shatters into thousand tiny pieces.

Armin rushes along the way in a straight line towards your beaten form on the ground. And he thought he already saw the most terrible things that could happen. You are lying on your side in a puddle of your own thick red blood.

"[Y/N]?!", his voice trembles like a leave in the strong wind. Armin softly pulls you into his lap, so you are more comfortable. His clear blue eyes find your [E/C] half lidded ones. "Armin", he could hear how weak you are from the blood loss. Tears start to stream down his cheeks due to the state you are in.

"Hey, there is no need to cry. We knew it would happen one day", you would love to caress his cheek softly, but one of the titans bit off half of your arm. So, your words have to be enough to comfort the broken soldier.

"H-How I am supposed to be strong without you by my side? It should be me", Armin stutters under his breath hiccupping. Slowly you shake your head with a weak smile adorning your face, "You were always strong. You just couldn't see it the way I do. Promise me to stay strong for Eren and Mikasa. They need you more than you know."

Armin stares into your eyes, knowing every word you say in true. Even now his shyness takes the best of him. He just can't get the words he wants to say over his lips. "You don't have to say it. I feel the same, but don't let it stop you from moving on and living your life", as always you know what it is going on in his head and heart.