Chapter 25

To be honest, after cheer ended, I should've known Christina would find another thing for us to do together. Today, we have volleyball tryouts. Shauna and Marlene are trying out too. It's actually good that Christina pushed us all to get involved- it's pretty fun actually. I'm a little nervous since I know the three if them are really good players. Volleyball is actually one of my favorite sports to play- but I've never been on a team and am only okay at it.

Whatever, this past year I've learned to just have fun and worry less, so in excited regardless of the results. Christina had brought up the option at lunch, of course the same day as tryouts. Today. She's not very good at planning ahead.

" Guys, best idea ever!" Chris announced to us as she sat down at the lunch table.

" In that case, everyone run and hide while you can!" Will joked. Then Of course, seeing his girlfriends glare, apologized and kissed her. Which made her happier again.

" what's your idea Christina?" Scot asked politely. He had become a good friend of our whole group, but sometimes was still shy.

"Well, today after school, me, Tris, Shauna, and Mar are going to try out for the girls volleyball team." She replied with a smile. We all quickly agreed.

"Volleyball hmm? I wouldn't mind seeing you girls in spandex shorts." Zeke joked.

The girls and I collectively groaned. "Perv." I said to him, while throwing a grape at his head.

"I don't think any of us would mind seeing that Z. " Scott said smiling. Like I said he was sometimes shy. Sometimes.

"Um Zeke you have your own girlfriend to be looking at- not the rest of us." Marlene said

"Yes. And you Scott," Tobias added in a teasing way " shouldn't be looking at the rest of our girlfriends either."

" Speaking of, haven't you found anyone you like at our school yet Scott?" Christina asked him

"I have- I'm actually thinking of asking her out Soon." He said, then quickly added " but you guys don't get to know who it is until I find out if she says yes or no."

________________________________

"Okay so everyone is going to get a number to pin on the back of their shirts. At the end of tryouts the list will be posted on the gym doors. If you see your number, that means you made the team." Lauren explains to us. She is the captain of the team, so she gets to run tryouts.

We start with passing drills. Then serving. Then spiking. Then drills for different ways to return the ball. By the end I'm exhausted and ready to get out of my sweaty clothes. We all get dressed quickly, and hurry to see who made the team.

Lauren is just finishing taping the list up when the 4 of us walk out of the locker room, followed by the other girls. I scan the list quickly finding all of our numbers -even mine-listed.

I turn to see the other girls waiting anxiously by the door for me to tell then the results.

" We all made it. Well... Actually not all of us, Chris... You, uh didn't make the team. " I tell them, acting sad and nervous.

"I didn't? Are you sure my number wasn't up there?" She said, sadness clearly in her voice and all over her face.

"No I'm not sure. Because I'm kidding we all made it. You too Chris!" I say laughing.

"TRIS. I hate you so much." She says punching my arm. I see her about to crack a smile though.

"Oh please you know you love me. I'll see you guys tomorrow morning, I have to stop at my locker and grab a few books." I say laughing. We split, going our separate ways and they Mar calls

" text us! Group chat tonight!"

"Perfect! Talk to you then!" I yell back. Our group chats are always hilarious, and when we talk about them the next day, all the guys get so confused. Which just makes us laugh harder.

When I open my locker, I see a rose sitting on the top shelf. And a folded note sticking out of the slot in the door. I smile wondering what Tobias is up to. A rose? A sly note in my locker? I pull out the paper and unfold it carefully smoothing it out.

You looked gorgeous today, just like everyday. I've liked you for a while now, and I want to find a way to prove that in good enough for you. Everyday I'm going to leave something in your locker after school. I hope you will find you feel the same way about me as I do about you.

~~E.

Okay..? If this wasn't Tobias who was it then? I didn't know anyone whose name starts with an E. Not that I could think of anyway. How did they get into my locker? Didn't they know I was dating Four?

********

When I gto home first thing I did was start a group chat and send the girls a picture of the note and rose. Replies flew in almost instantly

C: You've got a secret admirer! ;)

M: E? Who is E?

C: Thats what creates the 'secret' part. Duh,Mar.

M: Obviously Chris. But we dont know anyone with that initial.

S: Well, I doubt it would be anyone from our group. They all know how serious Four and Tris are.

T: Thats what I figured too. But im pretty sure everyone knows how serious we are. Our group isnt exactly invisible.

C: They must think they have a pretty good shot with you then. Or they're just desparate.

T: Maybe. Idk. Just dont mention this to Four tomorrow. He'll get really defensive and jealous.

S: dont wait too long, you dont want t have to lie to him.

T: I know. I'll talk to him after school tomorrow. Just not in front of everyone.

M: Good idea. We've all seen how protective he is of you.

We said goodbye, and I was left to think this over myself. Whoever this "E" Person is said they were leaving something in my locker everyday this week. Which probably means they do know about Tobias, and think they can win me over.

This will be an interesting week.