( CHAPTER FOUR )

CHAPTER FOUR

CHAPTER FOUR. YOUR FRIEND, ALWAYS

▅▅▅

NOZEL SILVA HAD been irritated over the past few months. Not only was his rival stealing away precious moments that were supposedly shared only between him and Juliette, but his younger sister, Nebra, after a few years has finally warmed up to her meaning she always steals her from him successfully with the reason of 'girl talks are obviously not for boys.'

Three loud knocks on the door made Nebra grunt while rolling her eyes before opening it, "Where's Juliette?" her oldest brother asked, impatience written all over his face that made her scoff.

"What is she your life support?" she teased making him furrow his eyebrows while trying to hide the embarrassment showing on his face, "In her room with Fuegoleon-sama." after uttering that phrase she immediately closed her door before Nozel could slam it in her face, knowing how jealous the boy always was.

'Seriously, he acts as if they're married already. Geez.' Though Nebra had a strong liking for her brother's future spouse, she was always concerned as his actions of protection over the young maiden made it seem like she was tied to some leash.

Purposely stomping his feet like the child his mind is in its current state of envy, glaring at every maid and guard that he passed by, notifying them to rid of the Vermillion in their Manor, though they could not do such as they were guests for a week. 

Not even bothering to knock, the silver-haired boy used his Mercury Magic to open the doors, revealing Fuegoleon hiding his face under a quilt as Juliette was struggling with her hair in a dazzled mess.

As if a venomous snake took over his body, he immediately created a dome around the girl and closed all windows and doors, "Why did you not bother knocking!?" Fuegoleon hissed upon feeling their cheeks touch under the blankets.

Nozel pushed away Fuegoleon's face from his own removing the cover from his face, realizing Juliette was there again, he pulled him back in and used a pillow to separate both, "Shouldn't I be asking you that!? Why were you in here in the first place!?" Juliette rolled her eyes hearing that both cousins were arguing to themselves.

"If you two are done with your pointless arguments, then both of you can come out." Nozel used the blanket to trap Fuegoleon which the Vermillion burned and both stared at the brunette whose dress matched her perfectly.

The young Vermillion was once again in a daydream, but the person beside him was not too pleased, a scowl evidently surfacing on his once expressionless face, "Why are you wearing that?" he asked, pointing to the dress she wore that resembled a lowly commoner.

"Look at yourself! Didn't we agree on being Peter Pan and Wendy?"

"That foolish boy? I recall you reminding me countless of times that you wanted to be Cinderella and the Prince?"

Knitting her brows together, the future mistress of Head Silva crossed both of her arms, "Foolish much like yourself?" a scoff escapes his lips, a hand over his forehead, distressed yet again by how forgetful she was.

"Idiotic woman."

"What was that!?"

Fuegoleon could only stare at the two lovebirds who were quarreling for the... oh wait he can no longer remember as they fought far too many times that even his brain can't comprehend. 

The clock was ticking, and if both did not come to an agreement then neither of them would make it to the party's attendance, "What if... you dress up as both?" despite the deadly glare that Nozel shot him, seeing that Juliette liked the idea eased some of his discomfort.

Taking the scissors from one of her drawers, kindly asking the impatient man, who kept nudging Fuegoleon, to remove his clothes for now and change into the ones present in her room after both were caught in the rain a few days ago.

She took out her creation moments later, earning a handful of clapping from the smitten Vermillion, and an earful of 'never decide on the spot ever again' kind of nagging from the other.

——————————

JULIETTE FIDGETED IN place after peeking through the curtains. Seeing that many people gave her a sense of nausea. Even if she was trained for large crowds, being the next Head Mistress of the Silva's, she can never get accustomed to their distasteful looks directly thrown at her.

It was clear as broad daylight to her what her fiancé could not see— a lot of people, namely the King of Clover Kingdom, Augustus Kira XII disapproved of their marriage, saying he was worthy of much more.

House Solace was known for one thing, and one thing only: The barrier and protection of the Kingdom. As most of their magic was from the endless source called the Sun, thus their surnames, which they use to cast a shield around the Kingdom's lands.

Nozel somehow felt it was wrong that his future wife's purpose was to protect him, but it wasn't as if he had the power to change anything about it. Not unless he was made the next Wizard King, that is.

The flashing of lights and thunders of unforeseen rainclouds reverberated in the sky that made him look at her, who now had a thumb on her lips being chewed nervously, before swatting it away and using his cape to wipe the saliva from it, "Stop." he demanded, but she could only hear the hushed voices of the people.

The sound of the trumpets began to ring in her ear, not willing to cooperate with anyone as it blocked out all of Nozel's complaints, she ruminated on everything again, overcomplicating every situation, 'What if they don't like me? What if I do not live up to their expectations? Will he throw me away like the things he doesn't need anymore? What would happen to us if-'

Snapping his finger in front of her face, Nozel held his hand out for her to grab which she hesitantly took. 'Warm hands. Very, very warm.'  just the touch of his hand against her was enough to make the girl feel drowsy.

Not getting enough sleep was caused by her secret project during midnight, and since he was not aware of the said proposition, he sighed deeply at the sight of Juliette's eyes drooping  "Are you seriously sleeping, right now?" he asked, flicking the girl's forehead, forcing her eyes to open.

"Am not!" she replied hastily, the disorganized look she made left Nozel speechless as she looked utterly ridiculous. Both of them were, to be honest, their costumes were merged, and neither cared nor dared give another glance at the looks other guests would give them. All that mattered was that they had each other, a friend to rely on, even during mortifying times like this.

CHAPTER FOUR, END.

▅▅▅