( CHAPTER THIRTEEN )

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

CHAPTER THIRTEEN . AVALANCHE (juliette)

content warning: this is a long chapter that contains physical assault, violence, gaslighting, cursing, and mockery acted upon Juliette and her mother. if any of this trigger you, please skip the chapter. i do not condone the behavior of any of my characters. 

▅▅▅

     WITH A PAT ON THE BACK, Juliette left the Royal cousins to themselves when Fuegoleon mentioned her parents arrived earlier than expected. She had a lot of questions to ask them, and none of it could wait despite the constant protests of her vermillion-haired friend as she fled the scene.

     She knew it was impolite for her to run away from them without so much as a bow. But for once, she did not care.

      However, it did bother her that Fuegoleon seemed persistent in having her stay a few moments longer as her friend tried to 'collect' his thoughts about another news.

     "Sorry, this can't wait. Write it to me in a letter!" she yelled earlier at her two friends. That would certainly be a moment Juliette might regret in the future, but what does anyone expect from a young girl who knew of her father's infidelity?

     'Nozel would understand.'

     Juliette's antagonism for her father would only conflict her the longer she was away from her parents and the answers they had for her inquiries.

     After all, leaving her fiancé only once wouldn't have so much of an effect on him... wouldn't it?

——————————

      THEY SAID THAT A PERSON'S feelings— once trapped within the shell of the heart for too long— would burst one way or another in many different ways if an outside force acted upon it.

     Apparently, it was for that very reason Juliette caught her parents squabbling loudly out in the open when she went inside the office doors of her father. She also decided that she would be the outside force.

     "Juliette, darling, why on Clover are you—"

     "Why did you cheat on Mama?"

     Her approach was blunt.

     Maybe a bit too blunt since Lord Solace visibly flinched, and his brows wrinkled in disgust.

     "What did you just say?" her father, who now faced her, asked.

     Lady Solace stammered in her steps, "Sweetheart, what are you talking about—"

     "I saw it, Mother," Juliette approached the drawer in the room that carried her father's sins with trembling legs, "I know the red envelopes."