( CHAPTER FIVE )

CHAPTER FIVE

CHAPTER FIVE. SACRED PROMISES

▅▅▅

"IT'S RAINING AGAIN." Fuegoleon whispered to the man who sat beside him. They were currently taking a break from sparring in the Vermillion's training room since Nozel oddly accepted his invitation when usually, he would insist that they do so back at the Silva's where he could keep a close eye on her.

The boy tugs the hair looming over the front of his face thinking deeply to himself. Nozel and Juliette got into another fight last night. For reasons she wished to keep private, the young girl was found sewing in the maid's quarters happily gabbing with them.

He disliked it of course. Seeing them interact with her in such an informal way was not befitting of a noblewoman who was soon to be a Royal's wife. However, the young lady was already in a sour mood that day after getting into an argument with her own parents, so pontificating with her fiancé only added more fuel to her anger.

In all the years Nozel has known her, he was starting to become blunter with his words directed to her, which she was not used to, pointing that she should get used to it as some noble people were far more sadistic than he is.

The loud rumbling sound of the thunder that spreads through the skies awakens him from his thoughts. He glares at his cousin who does the same to him, "Must you pester me as well?" the red-haired boy turns to him and folds both of his arms, "Make up with her." he demanded, earning a scoff from the silver-haired boy who, in turn, stood up from the bench they sat on.

"And how do you propose I do so?" the SIlva inquired making Fuegoleon place a hand on his chin. 'That ought to shut him up.' he inwardly said, knowing well that this may take his mind off of the current issue.

Striding away from him, he clumsily fired a mercury spear in his direction, and despite missing, the wind that it caused made the young Vermillion flinch in place. "CHICKEN! YOU'LL PAY FOR THIS!" he yelled angrily, launching several of his attacks at him which Nozel dodged breezily.

"That all you got, you Vermin?" the boy taunted, an irk mark appearing on Fuegoleon's forehead implying that they were about to cause another mess, "It's on, wuss." being the short fuse he also was, it was his turn to be miffed at his remark.

And so the two fought endlessly, not willing to renounce and relinquish the burning desire of enhancing their skills with their magical attributes, familiarizing themselves with one another, knowing well enough how much they would cross paths in the future where their rivalry will not cease to exist.

——————————

JULIETTE STOOD OUTSIDE the frame of two large doors. It was her last day in the Silva Manor, and her parents were on their way to pick her up. Her future mother-in-law summoned her earlier which she felt agitated about.