Chapter {03}

[Lauren Jauregui]

-The Interview {03}

Everything is boring. Worthless. I feel so stupid. Acting like I love Camila. I dont. And I hate the fact that I know she loves me and believes I love her. But Im oretty sure I dont like her. I think I may like Dinah... But I cant say. It feels like love but I dont know what it is just yet. Its hard too with all the cameras and people, obviously wanting Camila and I to be as close as ever.

I cant do it to her though. She has always been there for me. And I her. But loving her that way isnt me. In fact it will probably destroy our friendship in the end. Honestly I dont know what Id do without the small brunette. But I cant love her. Not in the way she deserves

When I finally decide to crawl out of bed I hop in the shower. A bit displeased waking up to find my warmth gone. Dinah mustve disappeared silently and left me too it. As much as I dont like it, it was the right thing to do before we got caught.

After the shower I dress myself in a low cut tank and ripped jean shorts. I meet everyone at the table. Of corse Dinah and Normani sit next to eachother. Talking about Beyonce while eating cereal. Ally is on her phone, obviously stealing glances at the hapoy couple. Angry glances.

Then theres Camila.

She looks so happy. Her eyes brighten as I enter and take a seat next to her. Not really an option considering she is now my soul mate. Simon enters the room as I begin eating. A girl beside him with red rimmed glasses and a tight official looking bun.

"Girls this is Kelsy. She will be keeping watch to make sure none of you... drift apart." He said carefully. "Also to remind you of appointments and interviews."

He leaves quickly, something urgent on his phone, leaving us with Kelsy. She doesnt even look nice. Shes one of those people who have that evil glare in their eyes. Whether they notice it or not. She wears a tight skirt and official jacket.

Unlike the rest of us who look aweful. Somewhat. Just not out best. For example, Dinahs hair os only tamed by the baseball cap on top her head, the curls flying from it. Normanis shirt is bed ridden and expousing her abs. The only girl with abs. Camilas eyes have bags and her body is half asleep. Even if her brain doesnt sense it. Ally looks aweful. Just miserable. She has her grumpy face on and wont talk.

"Well girls, today you have an interview about the big 18." Kelsy states.

Before she can go on I stand. "We know. Im going to go get changed."

Everyone must sense my mood because the girls turn to look at me. I storm off, flustered. Moments later Camilas arms wrap around me. Pulling me close. I can feel her tiny body, but it isnt right. We arent right. Why cant the fans except that?

But I put on my fake smile. "Hey Mila."

"You alright Lolo?"

"Yeah shes just a witch."

Camila laughs. "You havnt even really talked to her."

I roll my eyes. "Dont need to. I can see it. Shes avoiding water." I whisper.

She giggles. "Just give her a chance. Pleasssee Laur?" She says sticking out her bottom lip, making a puppy dog face.

I give in. "Alright alright."

"Yay!" She kisses me on the cheek and skips out of the room.

I touch my cheek after shes gone. There is nothing. No spark. No butterflies. No love.

*Interview: Monday, 5pm. California*

Stupid planes!

Honestly they make me sick. I do not wish to leave the ground. Us humans dont have wings and therefore do not belong in the sky. Planes are literal flying death traps. Huge chunks of metal arent supose to be up in the air carrying people!

We walk into the interview place. As always starting out singing. Normani and Dinah to the left, Camila and I on the right, and Ally in the middle. Kelsy had informed us this would be our new arrangement from now on.

I fell in love with the music. It captivated me. And as much as I hate admitting it, Dinahs voice killed me the most. Her strong powerful vocals killed. Just so beautiful. I realised I had been staring. Quickly I averted my eyes back to Camila.

She was singing, eyes closed. Her raspy voice giving us a unique tone. I loved it. Soon after we had finished the interview started.

"Hey ladies." Said the interviewer.

"Hi!" We all said.

"So we are going straight to the Fate Ceremony. I heard Camren and Norminah are now official." He raises an eyebrow.

"Yeah G!" Dinah says happily, proceeding to wrap her arms around Normani and plant a kiss on her lips.

Normani giggles. "Diiiinnaahh!"

Camila gives him and bright smile and kisses my cheek. "Im not sure... Im finding Dinah very sexy..."

I stand up. "Oh so Im not sexy enough for you?"

Camila taps her chin, a sly smile on her face.

"Wobble!" Shouts the fans. "Show off dat sexy ass!"

I laugh and give Camila a low wobble. When I finish I sit down again. "And you say Im not sexy."

"Okay fine." She says.

My arms wrap around her but I feel akward. This should be friendly. Not me trying to force love.

The interviewer smiles. "Okay this is for Norminah, did you guys think you were lesbian/bi? And did you think you would end up with eachother?"

Dinah looks to Normani.

"Well I was betting a bit on Dinah and Siope... But then I heard about the break up. And I have always been bi." Normani says.

Dinah nods. "I am bi. And I kinda considered it. Not many fans ship me with Ally and Camren has to happen. Its funny, I see all these Camren things were Im the "captin" of their ship." She says laughing.

"You better not let us sink!" I say.

She shruggs. "You never know... Maybe Im manning the titanic."

Camila wraps her arm around my waist. "We shall never sink!"

"Watch out for the icebergs!" Ally throws in.

We all end up laughing.

"Okay only time for one more, to all of you, if you had to date someone in this group who would it be? We will start with Dinah." He says pointing.

"Me!?" She asks.

He chuckles. "Your Dinah right?"

Dinah ponders for a moment. "I dont know I mean we are all super hot-"

"Except you." Says a laughing Ally.

Her gaze darkens in Ally's direction. "Your going to die."

We all laugh.

Then Normani saves Dinah. "I think Id chose Camila. If I didnt have Dinah of corse. No one is as flawed as her-"

"Dont you mean flawless?" I ask.

She shakes her head. "Nope. My favorite part of Dinah is her flaws. They are beautiful."

The crowd errupts in aws.

Dinah places a hand over her heart. "Maniiiii! Your so sweet!" Then she gives her girlfriend a deep kiss. Something that makes my skin boil.

"Alright well I chose Normani." Says Ally. "The fans would kill if I got in the way of Camren and Normani is closer to my heighth than D."

The crowd laughs.

Camila turns to me. "Your my one special love." She says taking my hand.

I give her a fake touched face. "Your amazing Camz. I think I would chose... you." I say, my pause teasing her.

Everyone is cheering and snapping photos. I see Dinahs face out of the corner of my eye and she doesnt look thrilled. I cant help but know that I had lied about my answer.

Camila isnt who I wanted.