chapter 2

When I arrived back home, i called my best friend Regina and told her about the day's occurrences. I told Regina (who preferred being called Gina) about the people I met at the interview, making sure to talk about Lucy's kindness towards me.

I met Gina at the rail way station a few years prior. Regina's purse was snatched by a pick pocket, and I being right around the corner, ran into the thief, stopping him long enough for Gina to grab her purse back I gave the man a swift kick before he ran off. We were friends ever since.

Over the phone, Gina suggested that I should buy new clothes for my new job.

"No," I told her. "I don't have the money for a new outfit, and even if I did, I don't know what rules I'm expected to follow. I'll wait and see what happens tomorrow before I hit the mall, Gina." I said taking off my shoes as I sat on my small mattress.

After the phone call, i made a small dinner of noodles for myself . With all of my household expenses and bus fares, I didn't have much money left over for nice dinners. I went to sleep early that night to rest up for my first day of work at the mansion.

I had a sleepless night just like I always have, with that same terrible night mares.

When I woke up, I made myself look presentable and went to the mansion. I was in a white tank top and a jeans with an old sandals I have always had.

When I arrived, the security guard me inn after a brief exchange of words, and i rung the doorbell, waiting for Lucy to answer again.

Just as i expected, the older woman opened the door and welcomed me in with a motherly smile.

"He's in his study again," Lucy told me, opening the door wider for me to enter.

"Do you remember the way there?" She asked me again as she closed the door and followed me into the living room.

"Yes I do. Thank you, Aunty Lucy," i replied, looking at her face, she had a frown on her face. Only after I said it did I regret calling the woman "aunty".

"Oh, dear, don't call me Aunty," Lucy said with a chuckle. "Just Lucy will do." Lucy smiled at me and squeezed my shoulder. "Good luck today." She winked as she disappeared into one of the rooms.

Walking on stairs has never been my thing, gosh I easily get tired and it so irritating just like walking on this endless stairs to the study.

I walked down the hallways until I reached the study. I gently knocked on the door, and Markos called me in. When I entered i was awed—and slightly shocked—by the sight in front of me.

Markos was holding a brunette baby in his hands. The child was fast asleep and wrapped in a pink shawl with the inscription, "I love my baby" on it.

When Markos looked at the person who entered the study he was relieved to see her. "Let me put her in her cradle so that we can continue where we ended yesterday," he said as he walked to the cradle.

He set the little girl down gently, then continued addressing me. "The rules are quite simple. You can go through them, and after you've read my terms and conditions, you can sign the empty space at the bottom." Markos handed me a piece of paper. As he rounded the table and went to seat down his business face on.

Rules for Being My Baby's Nanny:

1. Move in with us. There is a guest bedroom near the baby's room so you can tend to her at night if necessary.

2. No PDA or porn movies in front of the baby. These are grounds for immediate removal.

3. No abusing the baby. A single scratch on her, and youwill be sent to jail for child abuse and/or fired.

4. Stop whatever you are doing and attend to the baby when she is crying at all times of the day.

5. Let me know or tell Lucy where you are going with the baby if you leave the grounds of the house.

After I read the rules, it was simple for me to agree. I could do it... after all, I needed the money, and living in the mansion would be an added bonus. More over my rent is almost due, so it a good news to me.

I signed my name on the line and handed the copy back to Markos.

"I will move my things here this afternoon," i told him quietly not been able to look at him in the eye. He only nodded his head at me and tucked the papers away some where.

"Nice doing business with you," he told me, looking at me in the eye. I shook hands with Markos and made my way out of the beautiful mansion but looking at the little bundle of joy before going.

Thank you all for giving my book a chance. Please don't forget to vote comment and share. It really means a lot.