along the wait

Betrayer, killer, murderer, if he can yelled it out loud, he would have. Yet, circumstances won't let it.

He had waited for years to take revenge, years observing the royal family as a lowly citizen. It had angered him when they can freely smiled after they had do unspeakable. People had certainly forget the young prince of Moon Kingdom, yet he won't forget that he was once a prince. It was some kind of memoir to him, about his parents who had been slaughtered mercilessly. Some kind of reason he still had to be alive before he died - and it will be after he killed the king and queen.

He would not let himself died before avenging his parents for what the bastard had done.

Prince or not, now he wasn't one. He will dirtied his hand if that mean he will achieved justice for his parents, he would dirtied his hands if that mean he could die happily. He doesn't care even if the priest said that he had been engulfed in a sea of irrational emotion. Until he had killed the king, he wouldn't stop.

"Aye, we meet again, Yuu."

Yuu looked up, smiling slightly. It came out bad. "Shinoa. What bring you here?"

"Polite as always." She commented, taking a seat next to him. "Instead of me, why are you here? Planning to get laid?"

Yuu laughed softly. Shinoa is just Shinoa. "Not really. Your turn to answer mine."

"I don't need a reason to be here." She tsked.

That was not a surprise, considering it was her, Yuu mused. They had met when Yuu was lounging in the bar and since then - whether it was deja vu or planned - they had met many times.

"So, are you still obssessed over the story of the young prince of Moon Kingdom's disappearance?"

"I would not call it obsess." Yuu grinned. "It's mostly intriguing. The sudden disappearance, the assassination of the king and queen, it can be related." He murmured distantly, staring at his glass of alcohol.

"You're still saying the North Kingdom assassinate them?" Shinoa chuckled.

Yuu shrugged. "Well, it is a possibility."

"You're like a detective now. Perhaps you want to be one?" Asked Shinoa.

"God no." Yuu laughed. "That'd be tiring."

Shino laughed along, put his glass on the table and sighed. "But it is probably true." She conceded with a frown. "It is too suspicious to let the theory go just like that. But even if it is true, we can't do anything. They have the power and wealth and it's not like I want to be involved with royalties. Too much dark stuff." She huffed in annoyance.

"Probably." Yuu smiled warmly.

In the months he had thought Shinoa as someone he can trust. It was hard to trust people. Not when what happened that night. Not when his parents was killed by people he trusted.

"Oh, anyway" Shinoa interupted his thought, "In two days we will have Shindo family parading at the town to celebrate the Prince's birthday. It will be crowded so better do your shopping now."

"Prince Mikaela?" Yuu stiffened in reflex.

Shinoa blinked but seems to shrugged of whatever weirdness he seems to show. "Yeah. Prince Mikaela is celebrating his 15 years old birthday. We will have a ball at the night. Everyone is allowed to come."

This is, he thought in excitement. This is the day.

"I have something to do." Yuu said urgently before striding out quickly. His heart beats faster than normal. It doesn't matter Shinoa seems to called him. It doesn't matter that he bumped into a lot of people.

He can have his revenge. Finally.