Chapter 8

"Can I walk you to your room? - Since that was apparently a date," Steve gave her a toothy grin. Everyone else had cleared out of the kitchen, leaving just Steve and Natasha.

She reached out her hand to grab his and they walked to the elevator.

"You sure you want to get in this elevator again?" he joked.

"Well, if we got stuck, I'd be stuck with you. I can deal with that."

Steve's face wouldn't stop smiling, even when he was trying to control it. He led her into the elevator and Natasha stepped next to him, looking up at him.

"I had a good time tonight," she said. "Thanks for the pizza."

"You're welcome. Are we still on for tomorrow?" he asked.

"Yes, of course." She leaned into him lightly. They stood silently for a minute. "Did tonight really happen?"

"I think so," Steve laughed softly. "Do you want me to pinch you?"

"No," she grinned, "but how about you kiss me?"

Steve turned and wrapped an arm around her waist, leaning down to plant his lips softly on hers. Natasha brought her arms up around his neck just as they heard the elevator doors open. "Oh, sorry," said Clint, "I was just..."

Clint was about to say something else but, without even taking his face away from Natasha's, Steve reached over and pressed the button to close the elevator doors. "He can wait," he whispered into her kiss.

Thanks for all the reads! Up over 400 as of 09.26.17!