Return

Chapter 1

As I got closer and closer towards Beacon Hills, my mind began to get flashbacks of my time since a year ago. I hadn't been anywhere near here since then and I couldn't believe how much stayed the same. The only difference was the fact that the sky didn't have any green smoke in the air. It was comforting to know that Beacon Hills was still safe from The Ghost Riders and that no one was disappearing. I then looked through my windscreen and began to take a look around Beacon Hills. I grew to love this town despite everything that had happened in it. I loved the people, the houses, the streets, even the Hospital which was never my favourite place in the world.

Just then, I finally reached the school and I then drove my car into the parking lot and parked in it. I then began to remember the last time I was here and saying goodbye to everyone I had grow to care for deeply. The emotions were strong and I felt them even now, making this so much harder for me to say goodbye once again. I then got out of the car and began to walk out of the parking lot and into the school. I had to see it one more time before I finally getting on with everything that I had to do before leaving.

Once I had entered the school, I looked around and saw how quiet it was. I knew that it was late but it still gave me a chill to not hear anyone talking or anyone around. It immediately reminded me of The Wild Hunt and when everyone was taken, making me feel a little nervous, and made me wonder whether they were back. All of a sudden, I began to hear voices. There was three of them and they were coming from The Boys Locker Room. I then immediately began to head towards them, trying to figure out who the voices were.

As I continued to listen in, I finally figured out who they were. They were Liam, Mason and Corey. I then stopped as I immediately realized that I hadn't spoken to Liam in a while, making me wonder whether I was okay and able to talk to him. I then immediately snapped out of it and finally continued to walk until I finally reached The Boys Locker Room.

Once I had finally came across the locker room, I stopped near the door and waited until they came out until finally I saw Mason and Corey dragging Liam until they finally dropped to the floor, probably because of the weight of Liam's Lacrosse gear. I then walked until they could see me before saying...

"Wow, that's got to hurt," I said laughing a little at the three of them on the floor.

I then watched as they all stared at me in shock before rising to their feet and saying...

"Valerie?" Liam questioned, looking happy to see me.

"It's me," I said, smiling at him.

He then smiled in relief before rushing towards me and embracing me immediately. As we embraced, I felt everything that I had missed about him before finally letting go and then looking at him. We then smiled before Mason said...

"It's good to see you Val," Mason said, before walking towards me and embracing me.

"It's good to see you too Mason," I said while embracing him.

While we embraced, I remembered the last time I saw Mason, which made me remember all the cool things we did together. It was good to remember these moments as these moments were the most fun we had in forever. Once we finally let go, I then looked at them for a moment before saying...

"So aren't both of you supposed to be playing Lacrosse?" I questioned, looking at Liam and Corey.

"Yeah, I guess we are," Liam answered.

All of a sudden, Mason got a text and he immediately got out his phone and checked...

"Coach is making Diaz captain," Mason said.

I then watched as Liam looked a little panicked before I said...

"Go. Go, both of you," I said, telling Liam and Corey to go play Lacrosse.

Liam then nodded before he turned and ran with Corey out and onto the field, ready to play Lacrosse. As I watched as Corey and Liam left the school and went onto the field, I then looked at Mason, who then stood there still apparently stunned to see me.

"So, you're back," Mason said.

"Yeah, I guess I am," I said.

He then began to look at me funny and I then said...

"What?" I asked.

"I'm just so shocked," Mason said.

"It's good to see you too," I said smiling.

"So, what do you want to do now?" Mason asked.

"How about we watch the game and then after we could get something to eat?" I wondered.

"Sounds like a plan," Mason said, before walking with me out of the school and onto the field.

Once we finally got onto the field, me and Mason walked over to the benches and climbed them before quickly taking a seat. As we began to watch the game, Mason finally turned to me and asked...

"So, what brings to back to Beacon Hills?" Mason asked.

"Malia's going to France so I came to see her off before she left," I answered.

"How long do you plan on staying here?" Mason questioned.

"Well after Malia goes off, I plan on staying a few weeks to take a look around and enjoy myself a little before leaving again," I answered.

"Well while you are in town, I have a list of things I want to do before you go," Mason said, pulling out a folded piece of paper out of his pocket.

I then watched as he began to open the paper up and unfold it until he finally had a sheet of paper in hands. I looked as he held it in his hands and I then said...

"So what's on your list?" I asked.

"Let's see, have a double date with me, Corey, you and Liam," Mason said.

I that moment I went silent and looked away before he then said...

"Are you okay?" Mason questioned.

"I'm fine. What else?" I asked.

"Hang out at mine and play video games while eating takeout. Oh and this is a good one, playing a one on one Lacrosse game," Mason said.

"Do you even know how to play Lacrosse?" I asked.

"Liam has been giving me a few lessons," Mason answered.

"And what about me? I have never even played Lacrosse," I stated.

"Trust your instincts and focus on your senses," Mason said.

"Well it sounds like a laugh even if we do terrible," I said.

We then laughed at little before watching the rest of the Lacrosse game and enjoying the time we had together just like we did when we were young, as best friends, always and forever...