Lydia's House

Chapter 4

Once I had finally found my car, I quickly got in and drove off. I wasn't sure whether I would have much time to do anything with Malia before she left but I had to try my best. I just needed to see my sister immediately and then I would be able to finally feel okay again. I couldn't wait to see her since it had been nearly two months since I had last saw her.

Just then, I had finally arrived at Malia's house. It had changed so much since I had last been here but what was still the same was the massive field connected to the woods, where Malia could become a Coyote and run for miles. I loved her house so much, it just reminded me of when I was young and I could run for miles just like her.

I then stepped out of the car and knocked on the door, waiting patiently for an answer. The rush made me feel alive, I just couldn't believe I was going to see her.

Suddenly, there was an answer at the door and a man stepped out to look at me. It took me about a few minutes to realize who he was but then it hit me. It had to have been Malia's adoptive father. I could immediately tell by his appearance. He was a tall, middle-aged man with greying light brown hair, slightly tanned white skin, and light grey eyes. He looked exactly like I would have thought; normal and casual.

"Hello, sorry to bother you, but are you Mr Tate?" I asked.

"Yes I am, and you are?" Mr Tate asked.

"Oh sorry, I'm Valerie Tulle, I'm Malia's friend," I answered.

"Well it's nice to meet you," Mr Tate said, shaking my hand kindly.

"You too," I said smiling.

I immediately knew why Malia clung to her adoptive family so deeply, because of their kindness.

"So I came down here to find Malia, so is she here?" I questioned.

"No, but I believe she told me that she was staying at Lydia's house until she has to leave," Mr Tate explained.

"Okay, well thank you," I said, before heading down the pathway.

I then turned back and said...

"It was nice to meet you Mr Tate," I said.

"And it was nice to meet you too Valerie," Mr Tate said.

We then smiled before I finally left the house and headed down the street to my car, where I immediately drove off down the street to Lydia's house. Heading down the street, my heart began to race. I hadn't been there in so long and I couldn't wait to see Lydia's house once again. I was so excited to be back in the one place I could call home here.

After some time of driving, I finally reached Lydia's house. I then immediately got out of the car and stood still. As I stood there, I began to look at the house, remembering how big and beautiful the house was and how much it hadn't changed since I had last been here. I always loved this house as it was so familiar to my own home, making me miss my family and my home. I wanted to see my parents again but I knew that I couldn't, not until I finally said goodbye.

Just then, I stopped standing still and I walked towards the door, where I finally knocked the door and waited for someone to answer the door. The excitement filled my bones and spread all across my body. Suddenly, Natalie showed up at the door with a smile on her face as she saw me.

"Valerie?" Natalie questioned.

"Hello. It's me, I'm here," I said.

"Oh my god!" Natalie exclaimed happily, opening her arms and embracing me tight.

As we embraced, I remember what it felt like to hug my mother and this was exactly what it felt like. I hadn't of seen my mother or father in nearly eight months and I couldn't believe how much I missed them. Although this was good enough for now. Natalie was enough for now. After some time, we finally released ourselves from one another and then looked at each other in the eyes.

"It's so good to see you," Natalie said.

"It's good to see you too," I said.

"So, what brings you to Beacon Hills?" Natalie asked.

"Well actually I'm here to see Malia. She told me she was heading off to France and I wanted to say goodbye before she left," I explained.

"Oh well, come on in," Natalie said, letting me in the front door.

Once I had entered, I began to look around, noticing that everything was different. The walls were painted a new shade of red, the stairs now had been carpeted and the floor boards had now been replaced. I liked the way it looked before but I now loved it now.

"I love what you've done with the place," I said, letting my eyes wonder around the room.

"Why thank you. After you left, we decided to redecorate," Natalie said.

"Well it looks amazing," I said.

As we continued to walk along, I then looked at the stairs and Natalie caught my eye and said...

"She's upstairs. Her and Lydia are in Lydia's room," Natalie said.

"Thank you," I said, before walking up the stairs and along the corridor until I reached Lydia's room.

Once I had finally reached Lydia's room, I saw Lydia and Malia talking. Malia was holding a French book and laying in Lydia's bed while Lydia was talking to Malia, standing up in front of her. I then stepped in the room and said...

"Hey guys," I said.

Just then, Malia and Lydia spotted me and looked just as happy to see me as Natalie did. It had been too long since I had last seen either one of them and I could hardly hide my happiness just like them.

"Valerie!" Malia said, rushing towards me and embracing me tightly.

As we embraced I remembered what it was like to have a sister. I had missed Malia so much and I couldn't believe that I was seeing her again. I couldn't believe I had let myself wait this long to see her it made me realize how bad of a sister I was for not sparing any time to spend with my sister. After some time, we let go of one another and I looked her in the eyes before looking at Lydia and saying...

"It's good to see you Lyds," I said, walking towards Lydia.

"It's good to see you too," Lydia said, embracing me for a moment before letting go again.

We then all smiled at one another before finally sitting down and began to talking about everything we had experienced since I left...