A Lacrosse Game With Mason

Chapter 2

Once the game had finally finished, me and Mason watched as everyone left the field and went inside the school. I then watched Mason begin to stand and head down the benches. He then began to follow everyone in before I stopped him and said...

"Wait. This is on your list right?" I asked, looking towards the field.

"What is?" Mason asked.

"Playing a game of Lacrosse with me," I answered.

"What?, right now?" Mason questioned.

"Why not?" I wondered.

"Okay, let's do this," Mason said.

I then smiled before getting the field ready for our game of Lacrosse. We began getting two sticks, at either end and making sure that we had a net either end so that we could both score. I then went up to this box and got the score board, ready to keep track of every score we make. We then both stood there at either end, guarding our nets and getting ready to play before I said...

"So, how do I do this?" I asked.

"Just trust your instincts and hopefully your Supernatural abilities will help you score," Mason answered.

"Hopefully?, what are you saying I won't score?" I questioned.

"Well it's possible considering the fact that I have an advantage due to Liam training me," Mason said.

"Alright, alright smarty pants, let's see how you do after all," I said, getting my stick ready and remembering to rely on my instincts.

He then smiled at me before nodding and telling me to start the game. We then began to start the game, and I'll admit that the game was pretty easy. I kept on shooting in the net time and time again, almost like I was a professional. I couldn't believe how easy this was, relying on my instincts worked like a charm.

Once we had finally finished the game, I had a look at the score board and I couldn't help but feel bad that I hadn't went easy on Mason. I then looked over at Mason and saw how out of breath he was.

"Wow, you really didn't hold back, did you?" Mason questioned.

"I guess not. I'm sorry," I apologized.

"Are you kidding?, I loved it! It was the best fun I had in a while," Mason said.

"Really?, because I feel like I owe you big time. What about I buy you dinner?, we could go to a diner or something and get a burger and some fries?" I asked.

"Sounds great," Mason said.

We then smiled at one another for a moment before picking up our stuff and beginning to head off the field. Just then, Liam appeared up and said...

"Hey guys, what are you up to?" Liam asked.

"Us?, oh we've just finished our game of Lacrosse," Mason said.

"Lacrosse?, both of you played Lacrosse?" Liam questioned.

"Yeah well, Mason told me that you gave him some lessons on how to play and I just relied on my instincts and I guess kind of cheated due to my Supernatural abilities," I explained.

"Well it seems like you guys had a lot of fun," Liam said.

"I think it was a laugh more than anything," I said.

"So now what are you guys going to do?" I asked.

"Well we were just going to get something to eat, do you want to join us?" Mason asked.

"Sure, if you don't mind," Liam said, looking at me when he said this.

"Not at all," I said.

Me and Liam then smiled before he began to help me and Mason put away the gear.

"I'll take this," Liam said to me, taking in the nets with one hand and heading inside the school.

Me and Mason then headed up the benches and began to sort the score board out. Suddenly, Mason walked over to me and said...

"So, what's the deal with you and Liam?" Mason asked.

"What do you mean?" I asked, beginning to put the score board back to normal.

"Val, I saw you, both of you. You guys seem so awkward around one another, almost like something happened that I don't know about," Mason said.

"Come with me," I said, finally putting the score board back and beginning to walk with Mason down and onto the benches.

Once we finally sat down on one of the benches just like before and I then said...

"A few months ago we broke up," I said, looking off into the sky.

"Broke up?, why?" Mason questioned.

"In the year that I left, me and Liam continued dating, despite the fact that I was in New York and Liam was here, but as the months went by it became harder and harder to continue our relationship. I came back around this area, where me and Liam met and he came up and saw me but as time went on, there was no way we could keep it on. As much as we loved one another, it became impossible to stay together and after nine months of the year, when I left, together, we finally ended it. It was exactly three months to this day and I still remember and feel the pain of the break-up," I explained, with tearing rolling down my cheeks.

"Oh Val, I'm so sorry. He never told me that, he just said that you couldn't come back for a while. I guess he couldn't bring himself to tell me," Mason said.

"Yeah, I guess that's why," I said, wiping away my tears.

"Do you still love him?" Mason asked.

"Yes. I will always love him," I answered.

I then began to look down at the floor, not knowing what to do or say from this moment on. Mason then caught my eye and said...

"Hey you don't have with us, I can always say that you didn't feel well and have decided to stay somewhere for the night," Mason said.

"No, I want to. I want to enjoy my stay here," I said, lifting up my head and smiling at him.

All of a sudden, Liam came out onto the field and spotted us before saying...

"Hey, are you two ready to go?" Liam asked.

"Yeah, come on, let's go," I said, standing up and walking with Mason down the benches.

We then walked all the way across the field before finally heading down the street until we finally reached Beacon Hills Diner...