i hate you (d.m.)

word count: 508
----
"I am going to ask you one last time
(L/N), do you or do you not know anything about what Potter is planning," Draco's face was merely inches from yours, his arms crossed against his chest. This boy seriously needed to chill before someone got hurt, and it wasn't going to be you.

"For the seventh time of these past ten minutes, I don't know anything!" Lies. But you could not rat your friends out. Or at least it would take a lot more than a good reprimanding from a petty blonde boy.

A part of you knew that Draco knew that you were lying, and it wondered why he had never gone running to Umbridge. You had heard the scattered rumors on how he felt about you. Some said he wanted nothing more than to have you dead, others said he was hopelessly in love with you.

Neither seemed good to you, and although he was undeniably attractive, he was also undeniably the most egotistical asshole someone could encounter.

"You're hiding something (Y/N),"

'So are you'.

"And we will find you out, so it would be better to confess now and face less punishment." Weird, you could have sworn you saw a flash of endearment cross his cold eyes.

"Whatever," You stood and abruptly left the rather disturbingly pink room. You had to tell Harry that the Inquisitorial Squad was onto Dumbledore's Army

----

You left Umbridge's office after she had left with Harry and Hermione. Like Draco had said, you guys were found out, but only because Cho sold everyone out like the little bitch she is. You were annoyed, pissed even that Cho would do that to Harry.

You stomped down the hall, on the way back to the Ravenclaw common room, till someone interrupted your fit of anger.

"(Y/N) wait up."

"What Draco? What could you possibly want now!"

"Well I umm, you see I just wanted to ask you something," Draco fidgeted as he tried to find the right words.

"Ask away, but I do not have all day," You crossed your arms and impatiently tapped your foot against the stone floor.

"I was wondering if you might like to go on a date this Sunday?"

You were shocked, so the rumors were true. Your shock quickly turned to anger, and was evident to Draco, foreseeing his expression quickly dropped.

"You- how dare you ask me such a thing after what you just did. Did you at all think this through?"

"Well-"

"Of course you didn't. You probably assumed I would say yes because you're 'Draco Malfoy'."

"Kind of-"

"Well guess what, I hate you. And I will never ever in a million years date you." You turned around and stomped even more frustrated than earlier back to the common room, leaving a surprised and upset Draco in the hall.

Your last words to him kept running through his mind. The girl he was so in love with despised him. And although those words would prove to be wrong in the end, they mattered right now. And Draco could not deny the fact that hearing them hurt, a lot.