Book 1: -Chapter Thirteen

Grace's P.O.V

The coronation is fixing to start. To say I'm nervous is an understatement. I'm with Ben on his carriage or whatever you call it.. even after what happened yesterday I still didn't want to leave. I wish I could stay here, with Ben.

"Don't be nervous." Ben said basically sensing the emotion I was feeling. "All you have to do is sit there and look beautiful. No problem there." He told me and I gave him a small smile.

"Thank you." I replied as I looked down and started playing with my fingers.

"Grace," Ben said causing me to look up at him. "Would you wear my ring?" I gave him a light smile.

"Um... not now. I think it would probably just fall right off of me." I replied. His reaction made me feel so bad. He looked like he had just been rejected. In a way... I guess he has been. "I have something for you." I finished.

He looked back up at me, "for me?" He asked and I nodded.

"Yeah." I gave him the little box in my lap that held the brownie. He opened it and saw it in there. "It's just for later, you know, when you need strength. Some carbs to keep your energy up." I told him.

He gave me a smile, "always thinking." He then looked at the treat, "but I can't wait."

"No!" I told him but I was to late. He had already ate it.

"Mhm. This is really good." He told me and I looked at him confused.

"Uh, do you..." I trailed off not knowing how to ask.

"Grace?" He asked with a smile. Probably confused on what I'm meaning.

"Do you feel okay?" I asked him.

He gave me a smile, "you get."

"Would you say that you're still in... that... you have very strong feelings for me?" I asked him.

"I'm not sure. I mean, let's give the anti-love potion a few minutes to take effect." He said.

"Okay." I said not realizing what he had said. Then it hit me. "Wait, what? You knew?"

He laughed with a smile, "that you spelled me? Yeah, I knew."

"I'm... I can explain-" he cut me off with a smile.

"No, look, it's fine. I mean, you had a crush on me. I was with Audrey. You didn't trust that it could happen on its own. Am I right?" He asked as he eyes me.

I gave him a smile, "yeah. You're so right. So, then, how long have you known?"

"Since our first date. Your spell washed away in the enchanted lake." He informed me.

"So, then, what? You've just been... faking it... since then?" I asked.

He gave me a small smile and grabbed my hand. He put his ring on it then kissed it. "I haven't been faking anything."

Ben helped me out of the carriage cart and we made our way up to his parents. Once we finally reached his parents I took a breather.

"About the other day, I just..." I started but stopped when Adam started speaking.

"I told Ben this wasn't going to be easy." Adam told me.

"You also taught me that a king has to believe in himself." Ben told his dad.

"I did?" He asked and Belle nudged him in the side. "I did. How very wise of me." He said more like a statement the second time.

"Ben, we are very proud of you. You keep listening to your heart." Belle told her son.

"Thanks, Mom." He thanked her.

"You're gonna make a fine king."

Ben's parents left and headed to where they were suppose to be. He then turned towards me, "wish me luck."

"Good luck." I whispered to him as one of the guards guided me to the sides. I walked inside and took my place standing in the front.

Everything seems like it's gonna work out perfect.

*********************************

A/N:

Another short chapter, sorry. But next chapter will be longer I think. There's only two more chapters left until the movie part of this book is over but I'm gonna add a bonus chapter of two. Maybe something else... I have an idea in mind.