Chapter 2: Unwanted Suprises

"Well I tried, yeah I tried, well I tried." Sam sings the last notes of this original song into the microphone. The crowed goes insane and or course Sam's cheeks go up in flames.

"Thank you guys! I'll be here next week too! Hope you guys can make it!" He happily chirps into the mic. Once again the crowd goes insane as he exist the stage and makes his way over to me and Papa Roy.

"So what did ya think Lil?" Sam eagerly asks.

"It was terrible, I hated it." I try to maintain the most serious voice I can without laughing. The smile disappears from his face.

"Sam, I was kidding. Of course it was amazing. You always sound amazing." I try to fix this. Why did you have to go and try to be funny?

He doesn't say anything. He doesn't even look at me.

"Sammy, come on!"

"Lil, just stop. If you don't want me to audition you should just tell me and not spare my feelings!" He blurts.

Everything hits me like a tidal wave, he really thinks I didn't like it. He probably hates me know.

"Sam, I....." I begin.

All of the sudden he burst out into laughter. My eyes widen, this was all a joke! Oh my gosh I'm so stupid!

"You should.....you should've seen.... the look...the look on you're face!" Sam says between fits of laughter while clutching his stomach.

"Oh my god I hate you!" I squeal and playfully hit his arm.

"Oh you're gunna get it for that one!" He jokes and grabs his water bottle from the stage, untwisting the cap.

"Sam, no." I try to coax his out of this plan.

"Lil, yes." A devious yet insanely perfect smile takes over his face. The next thing I know I'm running as fast as I can for the parking lot. Sam's laugh is not too far behind me when I feel water splash the back of my legs and I scream.

I turn my head back to look at him, only for a split second when I run feel myself run into someone. The impact knocks me back slightly but not enough to cause me to fall over.

"I'm so sorry, I wasn't paying attention to where I was going and..." I look up to face the stranger I had so rudely ran into, only to be surprised by a familiar face.

"Josh?" I can't believe he's here.

I feel Sam jog up next to me and the completely tense.

"Liliana, I'm so sorry. I've been such an ass lately, and you really don't deserve this. You don't deserve any of this, especially how possessive I've been when we aren't even in a relationship anymore. Please, please forgive me."

Looking into his brown eyes, I realized just how big of a step this was for him. He was actually asking for my forgiveness, he's never done that before. Maybe he really has changed.

"I forgive you." I sigh. Everyone deserves a second chance.

He clearly stares at Sam before speaking again.

"So will you come to the party then? It just started. I'll drive you if you want." He smiles. It's no where near as captivating as Sam's but it is still eye catching.

Josh is the most popular guy in school. Not only is he captain of the Football team and Baseball team, but he's also class president. Sometimes I wonder why he picked me. I'm nothing special.

"Yea, I guess I'll go. I'll meet you at the car." I sigh again and watch at josh walks back to black SUV.

I feel Sam gently grab my wrist to spin me around so I face him.

"Lil, you don't have to go with him. Please don't go with him." His green are pleading me to stay.

I want to. I want to stay with Sam so bad. I love him. But I know that he doesn't feel the same way. At least with Josh I have a chance at love.

"Sam, everyone deserves a second chance. I'm sorry, I'll call you later ok?" Please Sam, don't fight me on this, I think.

"Lil" He says annoyed. His eyebrows knitting together.

"Sam, please." I beg

"Just, just come here." He wraps his arms around me and I burry my head into his neck.

"I don't want him to hurt you again." He whispers into my ear.

"He won't." I say pulling out of his embrace. "I'll call you later, I promise."

Then I walk to Josh's car and get inside.