Chapter 7

Mia's POV

As soon as I had fallen asleep last night, my mind drifted into that same dream. The one where I find Harry almost dead on the forest floor telling me, right before his eyes flutter shut again, to run. That they're coming. Yet, he never has time to tell me who. And, when I woke up this morning to the alarm going off on my phone indicating it was 6:45 in the morning, I had, once again, woken up drenched in my own sweat. Guess I'm gonna have to take a shower.

After I had taken my shower in my connecting bathroom, I had wrapped a towel around me, as well as putting one on and around my sopping wet hair, and headed to my walk-in closet so I can get dressed.

I had decided to go with a black pair of legging like jeans so I could wear a pair of my calf boots that ended right below the inside of my knee along with a purple off the shoulder shirt that had stopped mid-thigh.

Once dressed, I went back to my connecting bathroom to put some light makeup on and brush my hair. I had decided to leave it down today but made sure I had an elastic around my wrist just in case. As soon as I was done, I made sure to make a pit stop next to my nightstand to grab my phone, charger, and my school bag before heading downstairs.

As I was heading out of my bedroom, making sure I had closed the door behind me, and down the stairs, I checked my phone for the time. The bright LED light of my phone's screen had read 7:05. Ten minutes before my ride gets here.

Once downstairs, I saw Mom by the stove. "What's cooking?"

"Oh, just some eggs and toast. Your plates here hot and ready. She pointed to the left of the stove top with the spatula still in hand while also keeping an eye on her eggs.

I grabbed my plate and sat down at the island to eat my breakfast.

As soon as Mom was done with her eggs and toast, she came and sat down next to me. Once she had sat down, the conversation that was had at dinner last night had resurfaced.

This shouldn't be what's on my mind at the moment, but... What's my wolf's color?

~~~

Luckily it was Jessica who ended up being my ride today. I had wanted to tell her everything from what new information I had gathered about my life last night. So, in order to have enough time, I had asked her to take the long route to school since we end up being 35 minutes early to school anyways since it usually takes us 10 minutes because we always take the short route. The long route is an extra 10 minutes. 20 minutes total should be enough time to tell her all the main details.

We had finally arrived at school. As we parked into a parking space not so far from the entrance, Jessica asked, "So you have no idea what your wolf looks like?"

I just shook my head. But she was in awe. After all, she had a werewolf best friend.

~~~

I hadn't really seen Harry at all this morning. I'm sure hoping I see him here during lunch. But, after I had gotten mine and sat down at mine and Jessica's usual lunch table, I looked over to where Harry had sat yesterday. No one was there.

"Where the hell is everyone," I thought to myself. But, before I could think anymore, Rick was on his way over to me.

"Hey, babe," he said as he sat down next to me following with his arm so he could drape it across my shoulders. But I moved away, closer to Jessica, before he could.

"Rick, I'm done. I can't deal with your shit anymore. You've played with me and my feelings enough. For a year I have wanted to dump your ass. And, right here, right now, I had finally enough courage to do so. I'm sick of being mistreated by you," I whisper-yelled at him. Then got up to dump my tray.

Now, time to find Harry...

~~~

Louis' POV

I have no idea how long I've been passed out, but I had woken up in some pitch black place. What really sucks is that we can't see in pitch black places as humans. That's natural. But, maybe as wolves, we can see somewhat better. Never tried since we've always been out in the open where there's sun or moonlight. Yes, we are most definitely known for our good sense of smell. And, wherever we are, it smells bloody and musty.

I had tried to link Harry so I could tell him where we are or, at least, try to tell him that we're somewhere in the middle of the woods. But, it wasn't working. Whatever's going on, something's been put over this place to keep us from linking our alpha. And it's pissing me off.

Well, if I can't link Harry, then maybe - just maybe - I can link the rest of the pack from within this building.

"Niall? Liam? Zayn? Anyone hear me?"

I had waited a few moments before trying again. But, before I could, Zayn answered back. "L-Louis? Where the hell are we?"

"I have no clue. But I'm hoping to find an exit. Could you try seeing if you could link the others and making sure they're okay? I'm going to try to see if, maybe, I can change to wolf form. Because, if I can do that, then maybe I can have a better chance of finding an exit."

Zayn had sure as I was trying my wolf form out.

I could feel that my wolf had wanted to come out. I had let his energy run through my veins and within my soul. As the rush of energy ran through every inch of my body, my bones began to break one by one. Because of me being born a werewolf, none of the cracking of bones bother me. Noisily or feelingly.

But, after a few moments, I had completely transformed into my wolf form. It took an additional few moments for my wolf eyes to adjust. But, once they did, they were able to see in the pitch black better than my human eyes. Not by much, but enough to where I could see the fuzzy, but almost clear, edges of the objects around, and throughout, the area.

It's a good thing that I was able to change into my wolf form. And it's pretty surprising that the wolf's eyes can see much better than a human's.

I had decided to finally scope out the place. So far, nothing but random chairs lying all over the place, loose planks of floorboards, the peeling of wallpaper.

After what seemed like hours of looking, I hadn't found anything, yet, except for Liam and Niall.

~~~

Hope you all enjoyed this newest chapter of my book. I'm so sorry that it had taken me a year to update this book. But I'm back and more ready than ever. Hoping to get the next chapter out there for you guys by, maybe, later today or, for sure, tomorrow.

If you guys enjoyed this enduring new chapter, let me know what you think of it by voting, commenting, and sharing.

Love you guys!!

BaileyDeP1819