Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Beep, beep, beep.

I woke up to my very loud and annoying alarm clock. It was finally the first day of ninth grade.

I lazily removed my blanket and sighed as I ruffled my hair and went to my closet, grabbing a purple long sleeve shirt and black jeans. I then went to the bathroom and took a small shower like I did every morning during summer.

After the shower, I got dressed and brushed through my silver hair, avoiding my silver colored cat ears. I then carefully fixed my tail through the back hole of my pants since I didn't like the idea of my tail being cramped into a small space.

I went downstairs and grabbed a glass of milk that was really meant for my mom, but I didn't care.

I grabbed a small hair clip that was left on the counter and inserted it in my hair, making me look like a girl, and I also didn't care about that fact.

Alright, so I was your almost normal teenage boy; I had silver hair, and dark purple eyes that everybody thought were contacts; I also had a set of silver cat ears and a tail. How I was born with them, I don't know, and apparently neither did my parents.

My name, is Ash Rae Bell.

My relationship with my parents is very complicated, and quite frankly, they hate me because of how I looked and acted. And I guess I kind of hated them back, but oh well.

I grabbed my backpack and ran outside and walked to my school: Kyler High School.

It was a normal sized school, but the fact of it was, a forth of thwe schools population were demons, but no one but the demons knew that fact. They were just considered normal humans by the actual humans that went there; well except for me because of my visible ears and tail so I was like an outcast to the students.

Kyler High's grade levels were eighth grade through twelfth grade. So that's how I'm known around the school.

I walked into the school and walked to a wall on the right of the front doors. There were many boxes with papers in them and I looked to one that had the letter 'B' above it. I rummaged through it to see my paper and grabbed it, then went to the locker it said: locker 201.

I got to the locker and tried my new combo: 36-19-53. It was fairly easy and I got it on the first try. I knelt down and opened my backpack to place my things in there. I had a notebook; a few books for reading days; my magnetic pencil rack, in which I placed all of my pencils and things in; and a small wolf stuffed animal, which I placed at the top of my locker.

I put my backpack into my locker and grabbed my trapper, and then went to the first class I had. It was English.

I was pretty early so I just picked a desk in the back since I knew no one would want to sit in the back, and then sat down in it.

After a couple minutes of being alone, a few kids walked in a took their seats, and then more and more came in as it neared the time that the bell would ring.

Mr. Sai walked in a few minutes after the bell rang and most the kids laughed and yelled out late. And in return Mr. Sai laughed along with them and smiled wide at the comments from the kids.

Mr. Sai was the best teacher ever, and I was glad I had him first hour.

"Alright, alright. Settle down now." he motioned with his hands for the class to quiet and they did, eventually. "Okay so today, for your frst day back to school, we are going to do someth-" he was interrupted by the door opening a boy/demon walked into the class.

I stared at the demon for a bit without realising it. He had pitch black hair and dark blue eyes... that were instantly on me and I quickly looked away. I saw from the corner of my eyes that a smirk appeared on his face and then he looked at the teacher.