Chapter 4

Here's Chapter 4! Hope you guys like it and I'm so sorry for the long periods of time you guys have to wait for each update. My brain is dead and has been for a while. I'm just so excited about finally being able to release the first few chapters of Animal Spirits to you guys in a few days! But yeah, thanks guys and hope you guys like this chapter!

Chapter 4

          I sat at home, staring at my blankets; memories of my past flooding my head.

          “Hey Ash, are you alright?” I perked my ears up to the sound of Damiens voice.

          “I…” I took a deep uneven breath and nodded my head slowly. “Y-yeah…” I heard Damien sigh and lifted my head to look at the black haired demon.

          He turned his gaze on me and I shrank back slightly, with my back against the wall. “Why do you act like this?” he glared at me and I immediately felt my gaze go back to the bed I was currently sitting on. “Ash, you find out that the man who ruined your childhood is a teacher at your school, you tell someone; you don’t pretend nothing is happening! What is wrong with you?”

          I closed my eyes tightly at the harshness in his voice and felt tears come to my eyes. “I-I’m sorry…”

          “Look, kitten, stop appologizing, okay? But, why haven’t you said anything to me or some other student, or another teacher even?” he asked and I gave a smal shudder before wrapping myself tightly in a ball, shaking my head feircely.

Damien’s P.O.V~

          I gave a frustrated sigh as I looked at Ash. He was shaking badly and I could tell he was trying his hardest not to cry. “Damn it Ash…” I gave up my pacing and sat on the bed beside him, wrapping my arms around him. “Hey, it’s okay now. You have me here and I will never let him hurt you again.” I promised, giving another sigh before noticing that Ash was now crying.

          “D-damien…” he whimpered and clung onto me, which in all honest truth, I kind of liked the attention; but it made me feel bad because of the damned teacher.

          “Ash, what happened in the three weeks that the teacher was transferred here?” I asked him and he shook his head again, making me frown.

          We sat like that for a little while with my arms around him and with him clinging to me, crying. I gave one last sigh before looking down at Ash, my dark blue colored eyes staring into his dark purple ones.

          “M-Mr. Morris… he…” Ash took a deep shuddering breath and lowered his head again. “I-it was like w-when I was little… a-all over again…”

          “What do you mean?” I asked, even though I thought I knew what he meant, I was still a bit confused.

          “I-it was always after s-school hours… h-he gave me detentions and would… w-would…” he choked on his words and I tightened my hold on him.

          “Ash, you don’t have to worry about it anymore. I promise.” I told him and shifted a bit so my back was against the head board of the bed and Ash was sitting in my lap. “On Monday both you and I will go straight to the office to talk with the principal, okay?”

          I was surprised when Ash shook his head. “N-no. C-can we just get me out of the class…?” he asked and I bit my lip before looking up at the ceiling, debating the idea in my head.

          “Okay, fine. We can do that. I’m going to see if we can but you in Mrs. Bela’s history class. How does that sound?” I smiled lightly at him and he yawned before giving a short nod.