Cht. 3 - Gold Eyes

A/N

After some time, I finally decided to update. To anyone still reading this who had to wait for an update, here it is! To those reading this later on, have fun!

- Leon -

   247 days have passed and to be frank, we have it bad. Life just love to send us bad luck does it not? Nothing goes the way I want it to, but it never has to begin with honestly. It has been 247 days since we have last been in Spark, Nevada. 247 days since we had a home-cooked meal. 247 days since we've last seen our family. There's nothing for me to complain about though, this was my choice to leave.

   Passing by an alleyway, I continue forward to wherever my feet take me. Almost a year has passed and we have yet found a home to reside in since we arrived in California. Now yeah, I know, I said before we got on the bus and I stuffed you away that we would be staying at a friends' house in near here well, they moved. Yeah I know what you might be thinking but you honestly can't blame me, I thought he would be there!

~~~~POV CHANGE~~~~

   Days after days I have been walking, scavenging food from fast food joints garbage and even begging to the people of LA for change and food. Sad to say, no one cares. Not even for a kid, well teenager I guess.

   I have started school. Lancer High School, I'm a freshman. The way I got in wasn't that difficult or confusing, I joined an orphanage and they enrolled me in a real school, unlike the other kids who had to learn within the building. I'm lucky I guess, I formed an amazing friendship with one the nice caretakers, Celine who was around her forties, who then decided to enroll me into a school since she knew I would just be trouble with the teachers at the orphanage. The best thing about that is that the other workers and caretakers do not know I go to Lancer High, Celine's excuse was that she been teaching me one-on-one.

   After about a week staying there, I ran away. I did notify Celine about my departure and she gifted me food, clothes, and money. Without her, I might as well be decaying on the sidewalk, being walked over by the citizens of Beverly Hills in LA. I give all my thanks to her for having me stay alive until now.

   After some time of walking a noise that seems to echo through my head bounce around the alleyway, I have been staying in. With a quick survey of my surroundings, I noticed there was no one. Within a second, I threw the small bag in my hand in the corner where a fence lay, blocking the other side and me. I lit a small green flame on the tip of my left pointer finger where else my right hand is placed behind me in case I back into a wall or attacker.

    Two steps forward and the noise bounce around the alleyway again. Within a second, the sound of a swift swoosh, almost like a falcon sweeping into its' prey, hits me and then the next second, it's gone. From the direction I heard it, at the bottom of my ruined Vans, a dark, steel, blue feather lay there, rocking back and forth as if someone was gently blowing at it. With a shift to the right and left, I search through the darkness with the faint green light still illuminating the walls. There was no one, no sound. Nothing. As if nothing has happened. Glancing down, the feather is gone. With no trace of it ever being there.

   A quick look over once more, I turn around to where I have settled my belongings when I saw it.

   The bright golden eyes that have been haunting my thoughts and dream ever since I left Nevada.

   Every night since the bus out of Nevada, my thought was filled with a creature with golden eyes. Not one day has passed where those eyes have left my mind. Each time I see them, they grow bigger and brighter, as if the sun was reaching out to me.