20 | Owen

D A R K O 'S   P.O.V

Monday Afternoon, February 11th, 2014. 

My tires screeched to a halt as I crossed the finish line. Owen turned to me, his brunette hair popping out of his helmet as he took it off, before switching off his engine.

"Dude, why'd you throw that race off?" He said, his face warped with confusion. "You were so far ahead, but you slowed down and let me win! Is everything all right?"

"I'm fine," I said, flatly.

I wasn't fine. I had driven away from Bella's house to my own, before firing up my motorcycle to meet Owen at The Tracks. I still don't know what Bella's done, and it's making me paranoid as all hell. Fuck Bella.

Owen had flicked his kickstand with his foot, before he walked to me, peeling off his biker gloves. "You can talk to me, dude. What's wrong?"

"It's really nothing. Don't worry about me." Can he stop please?

Owen lifted a brow. "Darko, please. Whatever's happening, you need to do something about it, or you could be a danger on the racetrack. If there's anything I can do to help-"

"I said I'm fine!"

Owen's eyes widened. I sighed sharply, before running my fingers through my dampened hair.

"Just pissed at someone, alright? Is that enough for you?"

He lifted a brow. "Dude, calm down. I'm just a concerned friend, worried about you."

I grunted, throwing my hands on my face. Groaning, I dragged them down my cheeks before I made eye contact with Owen, who was staring at me, his gaze lingering.

"I've never seen you like this - It's scary. Can I ask... what happened? You seemed fine at school today. Does it have to do with Taylor's outburst in physics?"

I shook my head. "Just... it's complicated, dude. I'm pissed at Bella."

Owen threw his head back, groaning. "Ugh, I don't like her. "

I lifted a brow. "You don't?"

Owen scoffed. "Of course I don't! She's so two-faced, and I've heard about all of the shit she's done to so many people."

I snorted. "I'm glad I'm not the only one that sees it. Bella's so fucking awful."

Owen smiled. "So, she's pissing you off. Did she do anything to you?"

I looked away, letting out a long sigh. "Shit's complicated dude. It'll take too long to explain, and most of it is just mind-blowing stuff."

Owen turned to me, his eyes widening slightly. "I've got time. Come on, tell me!"

"Nah dude..."

Owen frowned. "Dude, we may have only been talking for two days, but I do consider you a friend. Friends are there for each other, and I wanna-"

I sighed. "Look, I'll tell you so that you stop being sappy. But, you need to promise me you won't tell anybody, and that if you do, I won't talk to you ever again, and I will seriously hurt you."

His eyes widened. "Uh... I promise. Please don't tell me you murdered someone and Bella's gonna rat you out, or something like that."

I laughed. "Oh, god, no. I wish she were dead though."

Shutting my eyes, I rolled my head back, taking a deep breath. I looked at him, his expression waiting. Good god, why is this so hard?

"It's okay," He said, his smile reassuring me, "whatever the situation is, I'm sure it's not that bad."