29 | The Performance, Pt. 2

D A R K O ' S P.O.V

Friday Evening, February 15th, 2014.

"I dedicate this song to Darko Ulyanov"

At the sound of my name, my hand clenched tighter around my drinking glass. Scanning the room, I saw half of the crowd turn to me, while the other half stared at Owen and Taylor on stage.

Dedicated to me?

I looked at Owen on stage, who was grinning widely at me. He turned to Taylor, who was taking in the reaction of the audience. As they all quietened down, Taylor turned to me with the faintest glint in his eyes.

"It's called 'I got you'. Darko... I love you." Taylor said, never leaving my gaze. I felt my cheeks burn up at his words.

He loves me. He fucking loves me.

Taylor tapped his mic and began playing on the piano. His fingers delicately tapped the keys, sending beautiful clicks of sound throughout the gymnasium. After a few moments, he began singing.

I am tired of living a lie,

I am sick of keeping a straight face.

I look at the fake me and I cry,

Then I met you in a real place.

If I knew what I know now,

I wouldn't think twice to kiss you.

These piano keys told me somehow,

Home is when I'm with you.

Damn you emotions for betraying me.

I felt my eyes water at the sound of his voice. The tears fell when I listened to the lyrics. Taylor feels the same. This time, I didn't hear a rumour or have to decipher some body language to figure it out. Taylor admitted it to me and meant it.

As the lyrics rolled off of Taylor's tongue, Owen joined in, his soft acoustics complementing Taylor's piano. I felt light-headed as Taylor began to sing again.

Who knew I'd end up loving you,

like the way that you loved me?

All this time I've been so blue,

but now I got you, baby.

And you got me.

I was getting a myriad of looks around me. Some people were grimacing - those people being Trent and Duncan - while others were swooning over the entire situation. A group of girls kept alternating their attention between Taylor and I, clapping, grinning, and squealing at my reactions and Taylor's vocals.

Then I made eye contact with Bella.

She tried to crush you,

she tried to break us apart.

She tried destroying

what I felt for you from the start.

It took me forever to know

the part of you I failed to see.