Wolf

Never again. That was the worst experience of my life, hunting was. All of those animals being shot dead on the paths, in the trees, flying above, they didn't deserve to die. My friends just laughed at me when I asked them to stop.

Then came the wolf. He came flying out of no were, a flash of dappled gray and brown, and my friends throats were gone. After they were dead, the wolf turned on me.

It had vibrant green eyes that pierced my soul and looked into infinity. It's pelt shimmered like diamonds in the dappled sunlight. I had never seen a more graceful beauty.

I looked to my friends, bleeding out onto the forest floor, soiling the fallen leaves with a crimson color that could never wash out. My friends weren't beautiful, not on the outside, and certainly not on the in. The recent addition of their blood upon their flesh actually increased their beauty, glimmering and shining in the light.

The wolf growled, and I looked at it. It knelt at my feet, like it wanted me to get on. I sat upon his back, never questioning the fact that a wolf just brutally murdered my friends, and i am giving it my trust enough to let it take me on a ride.

He ran. He ran past the trees and the foliage and kept running. He began to run through the river. I watched the water splash as the wolf bolted along.

I only then stopped to think, were is the wolf taking me? It killed my friends, and I'm trusting it? "Stop!"

The wolf halted, and I jumped off. "Were are you taking me?"

"Your castle." The wolf spoke. It really did. I was astonished.

"Y-you can talk?"

"Of course I can. Why wouldn't I?"

"I- never mind, who are you? And why are you taking me to my so called castle? And, you killed my friends

"No, you did." The wolf stood on its hind legs, and began to morph into what looked like a human. A human I recognized.

Myself.

"See, what did I tell you, you killed them!"

"B-but y-you can't be me?"

"Yes I can, well, hello myself."