Wrong Contact

As Craig ran through his house, desperately attempting to get everything ready. He had to take the twins to their game and then he had to go with the other dads to the bar so they can watch The Game. He carefully placed River in her crib as she slept peacefully. He grabbed his s[orts bag and ran downstairs to be met with the faces of his impatient twins.

"Hey girls, ready for the game?" He asked with a smile. Briar and Hazel smiled back with a determined look in their eyes.

"You betcha!" Briar agreed. Hazel nodded. Craig grabbed his keys and went to the car, as the girls followed, they talked about. The twins sat in the back as Craig drove out of the driveway. "Alright, so I'm gonna call one of the guys to come watch River while were at the game. Then, I have to meet the others to watch The Game. After your game, you'll stay with them and River until I get home, okay?" He explained.

The girls nodded at his plan. "Wait, so who's gonna watch us?" Hazel asked.

"Can it be Mat?" Briar asked. "He always brings new stuff to try!"

"Yeah, and Carmensita is so much fun to be with!" Hazel insisted.

Craig smiled at the girls enthusiasm. "Alright, I'll send him a message right now." He stated as he parked the car. The girls ran out and he got out as well, taking their bags since they forgot them.

He took out his phone and typed; Hey, I know it's a bit out of nowhere but can you take care of River and the twins while I get some stuff done?

He was too busy with the things he carried to notice who he sent it to, it was Mat, at least he thought it was.

Craig gave the girls their bags and got ready for the game. His phone chimed and he checked it. It read: Sure. Before he could see who sent it, a mother walked up to him with a flirty smile.

"Hi, Craig! You look good, are you excited for today?" She tried to make small talk. He sighed and put his phone away as he put on a kind smile.

He didn't see who he had sent it to. He thought it was Mat. It almost was. He accidentally clicked the contact he had spoken to right before Mat. It was Robert.

It was a simple mistake, but it would lead to a chain of events that would change his life in the best way possible.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's short, I know. This is a new thing and I want to make sure it's all put in the right sections. Anywho, I hoped you enjoyed, everything will be set in thr next chapter. Until then, I'll see you soon!