Taste Of Victory (Stoffel Vandoorne)

Requested by: VamosBarcelona

If you'd like one simply comment or send a private message! I also have a new book (another request based one) for all Esteban Ocon one shots, most which will probably be ideas that I've got but go check that out too!

--

You stood staring up at the screen from the back of the McLaren garage, biting on your nails which you had been doing for the previous ten laps, and it was now the final half a lap with Stoffel, your boyfriend, in the lead. He was about to win his first Grand Prix of his Formula One season and you nervous, but proud, as hell.

His mum was stood to your left, gripping your arm in a vice like grip as you both stood staring up, tears in your eyes.

"He's gonna do it." You whispered as Stoffel made his way round the final corner of the Singapore Grand Prix.

And he had. He had just won. You and his mum both stood there in shock for a split second before you both began jumping up and down and cheering along with the rest of the garage.

You were quick to grab his mother's hand, dragging her quickly out of the hospitality box and through the garage, running down to podium, the tears flowing free now.

"I can't believe it!" You shouted to his mother as you made your way to the crowded podium area. You weren't at the front where you wished to be but you were there and that's all that mattered at the moment. Then came the exciting, jittery part where everyone waited for the drivers come out, everyone murmuring to one another about the events of the race.

It wasn't a long wait until Sebastian Vettel came out for 3rd place, shortly followed by Daniel Ricciardo for 2nd, and then the moment you were waiting for. You quickly grabbed your phone out your back pocket, ready to record this moment with shaky hands.

"And your race winner...Stoffel Vandoore!"

You started cheering the loudest, jumping up and down while still clinging to him mother.

"I love you Stoffel!" You screamed when a dim in the noise happened. You watched as he quickly scan the crowd looking for you, blowing you a kiss and a wink when he found you.

--

You pushed your hair back off your face, now soaked with the rose water that was sprayed over you in the podium celebrations. You were now back in the McLaren garage, waiting for your boyfriend to return. It had been fifteen minutes that you'd been waiting, but you understand. Stoffel was in demand more now than ever, and you were understanding enough to be patient.

It wasn't long until you heard the commotion of people and camera's clicking that you realised Stoffel was on his way back to the garage. You had already bitten your fingernails down to the nail but that didn't stop you from biting them more as you waited.

He soon entered the garage, the biggest smile you'd ever seen on his face. You let out a small squeal before running up to him and giving him the tightest hug. You wrapped your arms around his neck tightly and buried your face into his neck, not caring about the hundreds of cameras snapping pictures of the pair of you.

"I'm so so so proud of you baby." You whispered into his neck, the tears starting to dribble down your cheeks again. "I love you so much."

"I love you too." He murmured back, wrapping his arms around your waist even tighter, pulling you as close as possible.

You leaned back a little, pressing your lips to his in a hard, but passionate, kiss. "Ew, you taste like sweaty champagne!" You laughed.

"Taste of victory, baby!" He laughed, pressing his lips back onto yours.