Not Good Enough (Nico Hulkenberg)

Requested by: LucyReus

Remember, if you'd like a one shot, feel free to comment or DM me. I also have an Esteban Ocon one shot book! .x.

This is one of my favourites that I've wrote so far!

--

Nico and you had just arrived back to your apartment in Monaco. You hadn't spoken a word to one another the entire flight, nor drive, back from the Grand Prix. You hadn't done nothing wrong as far as you could think but Nico was in a mood with you.

You had a inkling into what it could've been though. You were being secretive but only because you were planning a surprise party for his birthday that was coming up at the weekend. But he didn't know that, hence the attitude he was giving you.

Nico unlocked the front door, pushing it wide to let you passed first.

"Thanks." You muttered, equally annoyed at this point after he'd ignored you for a 14 hour flight plus an hour drive. You'd much rather him get over whatever was he was mad about, or at least confront you about it.

Instead of dumping all your stuff at the doorstep and going straight to the couch, like you and Nico usually did, you dragged your suitcase straight to the bedroom to sort through straight away. The awkward silence filling the living room was driving you insane. With a heavy sigh, you slumped down on the bed, running your hand through your hair to try and calm down.

"So you're just gonna come hide up here?"

You looked up to find Nico leaning against the door frame. You rolled your eyes and pulled up your suitcase, opening it to start sorting through it.

"The silent treatment? Real mature." Nico scoffed.

"Are you serious?" You whipped around, staring over at him. "You haven't spoken a word to me for, what? Fifteen hours now? And then you call me immature for not wanting to deal with your pettiness? Seriously, Nico?"

"You deserved it! I hadn't done anything wrong, I've acted reasonably. I gave you time to come and talk to me. Sorry if I didn't want our personal business discussed in front of an entire plane full of people."

"I haven't done anything wrong either!" You exclaimed. "I don't know what to you expect me to come up and say to you if I don't know what I've done wrong."

"You don't think what you've done is wrong?"

"I don't know what it is!"

"'It' is you and Jolyon sneaking around together behind my back like I wouldn't notice!"

You stared up at him, eyes wide, unsure of what it was exactly he was accusing you of. Surely he wasn't stupid enough to think that you were cheating on him.

"What are you on about?" You shook your head in disbelief, running your hands through your hair.

"You're going to deny it? Seriously Y/N?"

"I'm not denying anything because there is nothing to deny!"

"So you're not seeing Jolyon as well as me?"

"W-what? No! Of course I'm not. Is that what you think of me? You think that I'm cheating on you because I've been talking to Jo? Am I not allowed friends Nico?"

"O-of course you're allowed friends. But there are friends and then there's friends."

"Well me and Jo are the friends that are just friends. The fact that you don't believe me is not unbelievable but also really, really hurtful."

"It's really hurtful that you're cheating on me with Jo. It hurts that I'm not good enough for you."

"I'm not cheating on you! I was organising a birthday party for you!" You shouted at him.

"A-A what?"

"A birthday party." You sighed. "Me and Jo were organising a party for your birthday coming up. Jo was making sure all the people from the garage could come to it."

A wash of guilt flooded over Nico's face as a tear or two trickled down your cheek.

"I'm sorry baby." Nico sighed softly, taking a step towards you.

"Do you honestly think that I would cheat on you?" You muttered.

"No. I didn't know what to think, okay? You were being more secretive than you usually are, quickly hiding your phone from me, whispering to Jo...I don't know...my mind just went straight there because of past relationships, w-which is no excuse. I'm sorry."

You nodded your head, taking a deep breath and wiping your tears away. "I'm sorry too. I shouldn't be this upset, I know it was just a misunderstanding but it feels like you don't trust me."

"I do trust you." Nico spoke softly, stepping to stand in front of you, holding onto both your hands tightly. "I don't trust the people I've been in past relationships with. And I shouldn't compare them to you because you're a million times better than them."

"I love you." You whispered, looking up at him.

"I love you too baby girl." Nico smiled, leaning down to press his lips against yours. "So when's the party?"

If you'd like one simply comment or DM, lots of love .x.