2

As I exited the school building, I couldn't help but wonder about Collin. He was just so intriguing. He was one of the most attractive boys I had ever met, yet he was oblivious when it came to girls. Plus, the only people he seemed to talk to were the teachers and myself. He made no effort to make other friends.

Maybe he's just a loner, I thought to myself. That would explain his utter lack in acting like a teenager. What confused me the most was that he was funny and charasmatic, yet only showed his true self when necessary.

Lost in thought, I hadn't realized I reached Troy's car already. My own car had been in the shop for the past couple days so Troy had been giving me rides. Unfortunately, his annoying and flirtatious friend Ryan sometimes joined.

Troy and Ryan were already at the car waiting for me. When Ryan saw me, he smiled brightly.

"Hey beautiful." Ryan purred as I approached.

"Shut up, Ryan."

He pouted his lip. "I was just giving you a compliment, gorgeous."

I groaned. "Stop it!"

Troy chuckled. "Let's go."

I ran as quickly as I could to the front seat, beating Ryan by a hair. He wrapped his hands around my waist and lifted me effortlessly, moving me away from the Passangers side door and placing himself in front of it.

"Damn it, you got it last time Ryan! It's my turn!" I whined. He smiled, his hands still at my hips.

"I'll give you the front seat... IF you agree to go out with me."

I smiled back flirtatiously, wrapping my arms around his neck and leaning in as if I were about to kiss him. He looked confused at first, but it quickly turned to excitement as he began to lean in eagerly as well.

"Enjoy the front seat." I whispered last minute, then slapped his cheek lightly.

At least, it was light for me. A satisfying crack echoed throughout the parking lot.

His face fell. I smiled again, then grumpily climbed into the back seat.

We drove silently to Ryan's house, who, thankfully, was our first stop.

Now don't get my wrong, Ryan is hot. Very hot. The thing is, he knows he's hot. I hate that. Many girls fall for his so-called 'charm' but I didn't buy it. Something was off about that boy.

As we pulled out of the parking space, Ryan turned to face me. "So who's the new dude in your grade?"

"Collin?" I said, furrowing my eyebrows.

"Yeah. Every girl in our grade was talking about him today. I guess he's competition." Ryan smirked.

"I don't think he'll be much of a threat." I responded, rolling my eyes.

"And why is that?"

"He kind of keeps to himself. Doesn't really talk to anyone other than the teachers." I shrugged.

"And you." Troy added, smirking at me in the rear view mirror. I shrugged.

Ryan's eyebrows shot up. "Then he is competition." He winked.

"Give it a rest, bro." Troy said, rolling his eyes.

We finally reached Ryan's house. He said his goodbyes, mine far more flirtatious than Troy's. As soon as he got up, I crawled clumsily over the seat to the passenger side.

"McDonald's?" Troy suggested.

"Hell yeah." I said in agreement. Fridays were always sort of 'Troy and Riley's hangout day' if you will, and we always started it off eating.