Your Ex

"I'd heard you were back on the ice, but who'd have thought I'd run into you in China, [Name]," a voice drawled, making you freeze as you and Yuuri entered the hotel.

"What a surprise," you say politely, trying to keep your face from trembling as you run into your ex, the same ex who broke your heart the day you'd gotten into the accident. "What are you doing here in China?" Even to you, your voice sounds strained. You can't help it. You weren't on very good terms anymore - in fact you would say you were on very bad terms. The way he dumped you was cruel and if that was the only thing wrong, you may have been able to forgive him, however you hadn't realised how poisonous he was to you until he left you. You'd suspected he was cheating on you, however you'd never found any solid proof and dismissed it as paranoia but even then, when he got a new girlfriend not even a few days after the accident, it was too much because you knew that he would never have moved on that quickly unless it was already happening.

"There's an exhibition here that I'm desperate to see."

"Well, enjoy yourself," you say, going to move on. You didn't want to talk to him any longer than necessary.

"I would say you too, but with the amount of skaters you have at your beck and call, I have no doubt you will be more than satisfied," he drawled. You froze, clenching your fists. Taking a deep breath, you go to move on. "Oh, and tell the blondie hello, for me, would ya? He's here too, right?"

"I'll be sure to pass it along."

"Yeah, it has been a while since I've seen lover boy. I would feel bad that you're using him just like you used me, but, then your man whore could always be using you too. You were a decent ride after all and he isn't the type to stick to one partner," he shrugged.

He could insult you. Begrudgingly, you would take it. But the moment he went for Chris was a different story. Just like that, you snapped, anger burning in your eyes as you lunged, going to tear up his pretty little face. Hands wrapped around your waist, restraining you – Yuuri's hands – but all your head was focused on was the burning hatred raging though your veins. You didn't hear Yuuri's voice, calling your name, trying desperately to calm you down. You didn't hear the snicker on your ex's lips as he got his desired reaction. You didn't see the smug smile on his arrogant face. You only saw red as you tried to get to him, to hurt him like he hurt you. You didn't notice Viktor coming up, helping Yuuri restrain you as he tried to figure out what happened. You didn't notice Chris death glaring your ex as he came up to you, standing in front of you as he put his lips to your ear, whispering in rapid French to you. But you heard. And true to the title of best friend, he knew exactly what to say. The fight left you as you came back to your senses, your head snapping to look at Chris before you let yourself go limp, the hands that were restraining you now the only things holding you up as tears pricked to your eyes. Your hands reach towards Chris, to where you know you would be safe but you froze, the words coming back to you, causing tears to uncontrollable flow down your face. So you did the first thing that came to your mind. You ran, breaking free of the arms that held you as you sprinted for the stairs, going around and around until you reached your floor, reached your room, slammed the door behind you and curled up against it, sobbing your heart out.

"Don't you dare talk to her again," Chris warned, his tone deadly.

"Or what, you bastard?"

"Or I will make sure the pain you inflicted on her is repaid tenfold. So leave my sight and don't ever speak to her again," he threatened, before bumping past as he made his way to the exit of the hotel. He looked back towards Viktor, nodding his head in the direction of the exit. "Viktor, come."